Skip to content

Discuss This Australian MotoGP: More misery for baffled Valentino Rossi MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Australian MotoGP: More misery for baffled Valentino Rossi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Australian MotoGP: More misery for baffled Valentino Rossi

Valentino Rossi suffered another Ducati front-end crash in yesterday’s Phillip Island race that heaped more frustration and disappointment on the nine-times world champion. Rossi had just passed factory Suzuki rider Alvaro Bautista for fifth place on lap 14 at Turn 10 when he lost the front-end of his GP11.1 machine and tumbled out. Rossi was once again baffled as to why he’d...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 October 2011 09:28)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
discoBiskit

Apr 11

discoBiskit says:

unlimited testing

I would imagine Honda, Yamaha and Suzuki (if they stay) will be very happy with the unlimited testing, as they will be able to use their contracted riders rather than test riders for the development program, providing much better information for improvements. I can't see why unlimited testing would be mean that Ducati will be able to 'out-develop' Yamaha and Honda with a aluminium/beam chassis type bike, given they are starting from a clean sheet of paper (chassis-wise).

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

tris123

"I quite enjoyed him putting the hammer down to try and beat the time penalty."

Proving my point...you like to see exhibitions of great riding skill even when it doesn't involve overtaking... providing it's Rossi doing the riding & he does a little show after the flag.

"Pointless comparing points between this and last year, the season isn't over."

But Casey can only score 50 more points... even if JL doesn't race again it'll be closer than last year... & all the others I mentioned... the maths isn't difficult... ?

"It's called showmanship something Stoner doesn't have hence is lack of popularity in comparison to Rossi"

Says it all... so when Rossi quits you'll be saying "the sport has lost a great showman"?... you want a popularity competition not bike racing... with all your whinging I'm surprised you're still watching.

From your inane finger comment the other day it's clear why you don't like this season... you're a bitter Stoner hater desparately attempting to conceal your disappointment with this season searching for a rational argument to trash it... & you're failing miserably.

tris123 - "I heard that Rossi broke his little finger, finger banging Stoner's wife. She's not used to so much girth as her husband is such a tight fisted wanker."

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
LaughingGas

Oct 08

LaughingGas says:

Who is Rossi's manager ?

Reply to this Topic
wak1309

Jun 10

wak1309 says:

Hedgy Post #1...

"he's not even that good in the wet... he was the 1st to go down!"

I was at Donington in 2005. It absolutely pi$$ed it down all day and Rossi, after pulling a lead and going around some 2 seconds a lap faster than anyone alse, slowed up and took the race by 3.1 seconds.

No good in the wet though!!

http://www.motogp.com/en/Results+Statistics

Check the link out.

I don't understand what all the arguing is about! Yes it was damp, yes he was the first to go down but it was front end feel (or rather lack of). The complaint all along??

Reply to this Topic
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

Not another wasted year!

That's The big worry. If ducati do bring out a totally new concept for them frame wise, will it take another year of beatings before it's competitive?

Reply to this Topic
tris123

Feb 09

tris123 says:

@Hedgehog5

"Proving my point...you like to see exhibitions of great riding skill even when it doesn't involve overtaking... providing it's Rossi doing the riding & he does a little show after the flag."
Er no I'm saying that even when there isn't much overtaking that it's still possible to make up for it a bit. BTW when it comes to overtaking Rossi has been awesome, kicked stoner and lorenzo's butts.
"But Casey can only score 50 more points... even if JL doesn't race again it'll be closer than last year... & all the others I mentioned... the maths isn't difficult... ?"
My point being that the points differential isn't yet established. 65+ for stoner could be 115+ if lorenzo doesn't race again against 138 last year. 23 points difference, your right maths isn't difficult. Then again if Rossi hadn't deliberately taken out Stoner(your ambition outweighs your talent) it could have been more this year.
"Says it all... so when Rossi quits you'll be saying "the sport has lost a great showman"?... you want a popularity competition not bike racing... with all your whinging I'm surprised you're still watching."
Rossi has provided the most exciting racing against Stoner and Lorenzo in the last few years, Laguna Seca and Catalunya being perfect examples. I watch motogp, bsb & F1 because I like motorsport.
"From your inane finger comment the other day it's clear why you don't like this season... you're a bitter Stoner hater desperately attempting to conceal your disappointment with this season searching for a rational argument to trash it... & you're failing miserably."
I thought it was funny, maybe that's because I'm insane. It also achieved my other goal – winding up stoner fans BINGO. I’m happy with that.

For the record I’m more of a Cal fan than a Rossi, I just don’t like you and your mates constantly slagging him off.

I look forward to your retort with bated breath, be gentle with me…

Reply to this Topic
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

Dissapointing

I think it's been disappointing for fans of Gp not just fans of Rossi that one of if not the big name in the class has been unable to compete at the highest level seemingly due to the bike he's on not quite being in the same legue as the other top competitors. We all want to see the last lap / race long mega battles of the past. That's not to say that these only occur when he's about, but this season has been lacking. Stoner was undoubtedly best this year regardless.

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

Would someone shut Mickey Doohan

mouth. He is not longer the records front runner and seems to hate Rossi with each passing day and can never shut his pie hole.

Doohan said that you are at the end of your career.  Would you like to respond?

"Mick never liked that I won more races and titles than him in the premier class. A few years ago they discounted my wins in 125cc and 250cc, to keep him ahead of me, but I passed him anyway.  I'm not mad about the comments, and his behavior is actually funny to me.  I have even told him this in person."

http://www.gpone.com/index.php/en/201110165238/Rossi-another-wasted-opportunity.html

Reply to this Topic
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

Laguna seca

Was incredible. Stoner fastest all weekend. Then Rossi duffs him up on a slower bike!! Stoner cracked under the pressure for all to see.Awesome. That is why Rossi is a legend and adored by so many fans. Not just his party tricks!

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Eh ?

Laguna 08, Valentino's popuarity .... why bring this up ?

Oh yeah, Denial.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle