Skip to content

Discuss This Australian MotoGP: More misery for baffled Valentino Rossi MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Australian MotoGP: More misery for baffled Valentino Rossi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Australian MotoGP: More misery for baffled Valentino Rossi

Valentino Rossi suffered another Ducati front-end crash in yesterday’s Phillip Island race that heaped more frustration and disappointment on the nine-times world champion. Rossi had just passed factory Suzuki rider Alvaro Bautista for fifth place on lap 14 at Turn 10 when he lost the front-end of his GP11.1 machine and tumbled out. Rossi was once again baffled as to why he’d...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 October 2011 09:28)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

Vale could've have taken him pretty much anywhere.

Me and my filthy mind. Shame on me...

Reply to this Topic
mike2265

Apr 11

mike2265 says:

Justbe

40 is the new 30, 50 is the new 40 but in motogp apparantly 32 is the new over the hill.  He can't afford to fall down, he might break his hip and we all know how that can be the death nell for a geriatric.  Someone mentioned training wheels, that's a childhood aid, he needs a second childhood aid.  Perhaps ducati need to design a zimmer frame for the ducati, they're traditionally a trellis.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Front closed

Familiar story from Stoner past and Rossi present. Hard to believe they are in agreement. The  Ducat GP stats suggest that the issue manifested itself whilst Stoner was front row,fighting for podiums, wins and titles. 2011 suggests Rossi's equivalent gripes refer to huge battles for top 10 grid slots and 6th to 10th place battles on any race day. Front just closed. Yes, Case also closed !

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Bootlegger

There endeth the sermon. (thumbsup)

Reply to this Topic
smilo996

Nov 08

smilo996 says:

The only worthwhile article so far....

http://motomatters.com/analysis/2011...mosedici_.html

As for Rossi being over the hill. It is the bike not the rider. Stoner did his best with the bike I think Rossi is trying to make the bike ridable by more than one person. This is what Ducati need to happen. That is why he and Burgess are trying to put more adjustment into the bike.

As for Stoner surpassing Rossi.......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentino_Rossi#Career_statistics

Stoner has 2 championships in 1 class. Took him 5 years to get the first one. Took Rossi 2. Rossi 9 championships in 5 classes. Rossi has over twice the victories. Woould be interesting to see Stoner drive an F1 car. etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.  

Stoner had an easy season. Hhhhonda put 3 in the top 5 at each race this year. Hardly a difficult task then.

Reply to this Topic
fockyerdoder

Sep 11

fockyerdoder says:

"Vale could've have taken him pretty much anywhere."

@pacey

If I understood Vale right he had more "feeling" issues in the fast bends over the weekend. That's what he stated on Saturday or early Sunday. So I guess he was really caught out on surprise there thinking he'd be fine. Didn't look like he somehow overcooked it either.

But that's just how Casey crashed quite often during the last years. I remember him saying that it could happen in all kinds of situations. Sometimes he even lost the front while cruising behind someone else at 90% or whatever. 

Seems like this is no rider mistake after all. The bike might just do things sometimes that is incredibly difficult to understand unless you crash countless times this way.

Reply to this Topic
bluebottle2

Nov 07

bluebottle2 says:

So much Crap Spoken

It was not that long ago ,that after a bad start Rossi would go though the field like a knife through butter. Do you loose that kind of Talent over Night. Such Ignorance.

Reply to this Topic
Zoggthefantastic

Sep 11

I can't

Even begin to imagine how strange that bike is to ride. Furusawa reckons the problem is not flex in each part, it's the fact that the flex can't transmit smoothly from one end of the bike to the other. Which makes total sense to me in my armchair. And given that the flex can't travel down the frame, where's that energy going to go? Straight back down the forks it looks like, causing unpredictable results. Would be really interesting to know what kind of testing hapoens to the bike? Have they analysed what the braking and cornering forces do as they travel through the bike...waves do pretty funky things once they start interacting with each other...

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

bluebottle

So much Crap Spoken

It was not that long ago ,that after a bad start Rossi would go though the field like a knife through butter. Do you loose that kind of Talent over Night. Such Ignorance

Well, he may not have lost the ability to ride fast but never before has he had to try and ride fast on a bike that doesn't behave how he likes. That is a talent he obviously didn't have to lose. (read up on the development of the M1 before you mention that please. And if you do insist that the M1 was crap when he got it and turned it into a winner, well, you shoot your own argument, as he has obviously lost the talent to do that now)

He's where he is now as he is no longer on one of the best bikes on track and the best of the opposition is a lot stronger now than it was back when. 

Do you really believe that if he was on a Repsol Honda and started from the back of the grid he would catch and pass Lorenzo, Stoner and Pedrosa.

Reply to this Topic
mike2265

Apr 11

mike2265 says:

Zogg, Like this shows - water waves but I reckon it's cool - I agree I need to get out more.  Go to about 1:15.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpEevfOU4Z8

Smilo - silly and pointless bunch of stats - if stoner had been on the top machinery for all that time rather than only now - this year - who knows what he may have amassed.  The ducati has enough speed but that's all - in 2007 it arguably handled worse but it made up for it in speed and the then finally leveled tyre rules between bridgestone and michelin - but only if you could ride around the chassis problems.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle