Skip to content

Discuss This Australian MotoGP: More misery for baffled Valentino Rossi MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Australian MotoGP: More misery for baffled Valentino Rossi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Australian MotoGP: More misery for baffled Valentino Rossi

Valentino Rossi suffered another Ducati front-end crash in yesterday’s Phillip Island race that heaped more frustration and disappointment on the nine-times world champion. Rossi had just passed factory Suzuki rider Alvaro Bautista for fifth place on lap 14 at Turn 10 when he lost the front-end of his GP11.1 machine and tumbled out. Rossi was once again baffled as to why he’d...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (17 October 2011 09:28)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

@Milkybars "He is not longer the records front runner and seems to hate Rossi with each passing day and can never shut his pie hole."

And right there is the power of the cult of Rossi. Rossi says it, so it must be true. "Casey is part of the traction control generation", "Casey doesn't give 100%", "Casey is mad because he makes the same mistakes".

And the cult, they just keep lapping it up despite any evidence to the contrary. Baaaaa Baaaa.

So now, Doohan hates Rossi. Rossi says it, so it must be true.  Baaaa Baaaaa.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

wak1309

"I was at Donington in 2005. It absolutely pi$$ed it down all day and Rossi, after pulling a lead and going around some 2 seconds a lap faster than anyone alse, slowed up and took the race by 3.1 seconds."

I was there too & remember it well... he was good... but since 2006 when the new school joined MotoGP there have been 14 wet races... Rossi's won 2... he's only beaten Stoner 4 times in the rain (including the 2 wins). He was good in the wet but against the current competition he has been put in the shade I'm afraid.

Tris123 - I don't think I'll be spending any more time on a self confessed troll...pathetic.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

Valencia 2006

@Ocdcbr - "Then Rossi duffs him up on a slower bike!! Stoner cracked under the pressure for all to see."

And when he bottle it and threw away the championship in 2006, who was Rossi trying to keep pace with before he cracked under the pressure? Why ... if it wasn't the rookie Casey Stoner on a satellite bike. Awesome!

Reply to this Topic
armcharm91

Dec 05

armcharm91 says:

Doohan

Mick Doohan was a great rider in his time , but that bloke arse kisses whoevers doing well at the time . I can remember listening to him about Rossi this and Rossi that now hes jumped on the stoner wagon and says he will be better than Rossi .... Impossible . Rossi has done it on just about every gp machine ever made , stoner will never have the chance to ride demonic bikes like the 500s where it was all in the wrist where real control was needed .

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

"I can remember listening to him about Rossi this and Rossi that now hes jumped on the stoner wagon and says he will be better than Rossi .... Impossible ."

It's impossible the Rossi is great, and Stoner is better?  I don't think that's impossible.

"stoner will never have the chance to ride demonic bikes like the 500s where it was all in the wrist where real control was needed"

While it's true that he'll never ride a 500 in competition, there are plenty of references from people who have seen his data to say Casey's throttle control is exceptional.  I think this weekend shows that he's not short on courage either.  Speaking of demon bikes, he did a pretty good job of taming the Ducati screamer, but only got criticism for it.

Reply to this Topic
tris123

Feb 09

tris123 says:

next year

Hopefully Ducati can get something working for next year.  Be nice to see some other riders in contention for the WC especially if Suzuki leave.

@Hedgehog5

Pot kettle

Reply to this Topic
mr zulu

Mar 07

mr zulu says:

aquarius

Never have i come across a bigger cunt than yourself.With your constant lazy opinions given so often.Do you never tire of your own dribble? Fuck me mate,your wasted on this site.You should be running a country,i reckon a bike team would be to simple for genius like yourself.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Dig out all the old 500 GP bikes from the museums, get them fired up and let the riders have a one off race at the end of the season.

I reckon Stoner would be up for that - would Rossi do you think (it's a question, not sarcasm)

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Rossi'd be up for it

But only if he was on his 2001 NSR and Stoner was on Lawson's 1991 Cagiva. Not because Rossi likes stacked odds, but more a matter of historical relevance of course.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

trust nostrodamus

maybe you could race stoner and rossi on your high horse.....

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices