Skip to content

Discuss This Australian MotoGP: More misery for baffled Valentino Rossi MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Australian MotoGP: More misery for baffled Valentino Rossi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Australian MotoGP: More misery for baffled Valentino Rossi

Valentino Rossi suffered another Ducati front-end crash in yesterday’s Phillip Island race that heaped more frustration and disappointment on the nine-times world champion. Rossi had just passed factory Suzuki rider Alvaro Bautista for fifth place on lap 14 at Turn 10 when he lost the front-end of his GP11.1 machine and tumbled out. Rossi was once again baffled as to why he’d...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 October 2011 09:28)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
veronicaisl

Aug 11

veronicaisl says:

aquarius

Thanks...i think its a good idea going to LCR honda and why he can form a new team then lease the bike that he wants to ride. The good news here is unlimited testing for 2012. Ducati, CRT and even suzuki will have a lot of time to improve their bikes next season.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

2 points...

Bluebottle2 - "It was not that long ago ,that after a bad start Rossi would go though the field like a knife through butter. Do you loose that kind of Talent over Night. Such Ignorance."

I've heard this many,many times "do you lose that talent over night?" &, of course, it holds some truth, but it's now over a year since he last won... time to move on to a new catch phrase before the people you're accusing of such ignorance start laughing at you.

Zog - "Aragon was the only time rossi looked comfortable on the bike this year and what did he do? Sliced up the field like they weren't there until he ran out of tyre-just as we've seen him do many a time on the M1"

At Aragon he sliced his way all the way from 14th at the end of lap1 to... erm 9th on lap 7 (long before tyre issues)... 5 whole places... then he dropped to 10th... sorry.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

veronicaisl...

Sorry - got your name a tad wrong there. Apologies. No problems at all with setting the record straight, Darls...

Usually when I correct someone, I get foul, misspelt abuse and four letter words back as my reward. I must say thanks to you for being such a good sport and make the comment that it makes a most pleasant change to have correspondence with a normal, rational, pleasant person. Thanks again.

Carlo Pernat is a man of strong opinions and plenty of them. I don't always agree with everything he says or advocates but you have to give him his due - he has certainly earned the right to them. Yep! More testing for all will be helpful -especially to Ducati in their present dire straits. I loathe & detest what Dorna has/is doing to GP - they don't understand bikes - just what is their business interests. Fair enough, but they are changing GP to its detriment, IMHO...

As I gave said elsewhere - they (Ducati) were having to get revved-up and developing/improving the bike after two long years where they actually changed SFA (sorry) to it. And please be advised - this fact and historical situation had nothing to do with Casey Stoner either - who was gagging and begging for updates and improvements. You will have noticed that there are those here who seem to sincerely believe all is Stoner's fault, Prezioisi's fault or blame the old lady who lives down the lane near Bologna. What a load of rubbish! Ducati management is to blame wholly & solely - and they too were lulled & gulled by media hype and the Rossi "legend" into believing that all that had to do was to hire VR and all would be rosy. Well, as events have proved - they were wrong - VR is a human after all and needs a top-flight bike just like everyone else to succeed - and they all @ Ducati have been trying to play catch-up ever since. Cheers

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

Frames

Just wondering, if Ducati wished to stay with its carbon fibre concept or not stray too far from its roots is there any technical reason why they could not build a carbon fibre trellis frame, or carbon fibre trellis frame?? Engineering gurus please advise !!!

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

frames 2

Meant to say a carbon fibre trellis frame OR a carbon fibre twin spar... !!!

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Redracer46...

From what they've shown us so far (on the 11.2 & 12.1) they're not too worried about straying from CF but want to keep the engine as a stressed member, & are trying replacing CF bits with aluminium... if they're gonna go with a whole new concept then they're gonna lose the best part of another season testing it 'cos they haven't unveiled it yet.

Reply to this Topic
tris123

Feb 09

tris123 says:

@Hedgehog5

"With 325 points to JL's 260 Stoner couldn't quite equal last year's snore-fest where JL won by 138 points, so not quite the most one-sided since 2007...? ... in fact Stoner won by less in 2007 as well... it's more likely to be along the lines of Rossi's domination in 2008 during which you probably also fell asleep... & don't even mention 2005!... why the hell do you bother watching motorsport at all?"

Pointless comparing points between this and last year, the season isn't over. Even when Rossi dominated Motogp there were still exciting battles on track. It's called showmanship something Stoner doesn't have hence is lack of popularity in comparison to Rossi. All I remember about 2007 was when Stoner kept blasting past everyone on the straights, takes a lot of skill that...

"... & as I said elsewhere, you want boring races... I seem to remember one of Rossi's most heralded races was at this very track in 2003 where he did very little overtaking... in fact he set pole & won it by over 15 seconds in what must, for you, have been one of the most boring races in history... a shame the major overtake of note was a dangerous one under a yellow flag earning him a 10 second penalty... perhaps you'd enjoy it more if Stoner was equally as foolish"

Nobody overtakes on a yellow flag unless they haven't seen it cause they know they'll get penalised and I quite enjoyed him putting the hammer down to try and beat the time penalty.

Yeah Stoner isn't foolish he just punches people in the back instead.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Are the new testing rules confirmed ? Is Ezpeleta the one to decide or does he need approval from each Factory ? ie. a vote ?

''He has complained constantly ever since he made his Ducati debut in Valencia nearly a year ago about a lack of front-end confidence''

If you put that into google translate, it comes up with 'Moaning'. Just messing, but seriously all the comments from fanboys and just those with no common sense in general about Stoner moaning has come back to bite them on the bollocks.

The front closed, and honestly, I don’t understand why."

The data may not have been different Vale, but it had started raining and he had clearly kept at the same speed he was running 2 laps earlier.. Amateur mistake, if ever i saw one.

Reply to this Topic
noshow

Oct 10

noshow says:

Q Rossi can't lose his talent over night

A No but the Pussies around him have got better

Q Rossi is developing a bike for everyone to ride

A Yes cause that is what he did at Yamaha the wall was put up just to hang his extra helmets on.

Q Stoner never Got this amount of flack when he rode the Ducati.

A Yes he did and he is still copping it GP11 . what ever the hell there up to that he had nothing to do with.

And High Rev s you dumb hipocritical sausage jockey. You are the first to slate Stoner and then give a childish comment about fucking his wife . You and your theories are an embaressment of not only bike riders but the human race . The best thing to happen when Rossi retires is pricks like you will leave and never be heard from again. I was hoping that when Stoner won you would crawl into a little space and dissapear

Reply to this Topic
noshow

Oct 10

noshow says:

Tris

Yes tris he should wait til they get behind closed doors then punch cause that's what Rossi does .

Stupidity would be taking two riders out in a season and saying Stoner wasn't riding the Ducati hard enough

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices