Skip to content

Discuss This Maximum muscle, minimum cost: GSX1400 v XJR1300 v CB1300 First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Maximum muscle, minimum cost: GSX1400 v XJR1300 v CB1300

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Maximum muscle, minimum cost: GSX1400 v XJR1300 v CB1300

How times change. In the late 1970s and early '80s, bikes with silhouettes the same as these machines would have been called superbikes. Capacity was king and the bigger the cubes the better. Liquid-cooling? Pah, real men like AMA Superbike champion rode air-cooled monsters such as the Suzuki GS1000, Yamaha XS1100 or Honda CB1100. Fast-forward 30 years and this style of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 October 2011 16:30)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
russ8655

Jun 09

russ8655 says:

Nice one snev....

Unfortunately that's all I get time for these days, poor form I know, especially from someone who used to average 35,000 + miles a year commuting, I'll try harder thanks for the prompt

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

russ8655

Don't mention it, I can see why you would want to stand around lapping up all the admiration from the many Bikers you must meet, having commuted 35000 + miles or approx 3500 miles a month just going to work including winter and not including pleasure trips,i would suggest that you take a well earned break and maybe recount your experiences to the locals down the pub when it looks like rain.

Reply to this Topic
russ8655

Jun 09

russ8655 says:

snev

Live in Kent work at Heathrow, my choice I know but after several shit winters and several "sorry mate didn't see you's" I gave it up as a bad lot, plus the motorway mileage squares the rubber up like buggery ££££ 

So you're right I'll leave the heroics to the hardened bikers out there and stick to my war stories and pint of mild when it gets a bit cloudy

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

russ8655

Thats good and safer than riding so many miles. let me know when you want to sell your ultra low mileage minter as I allways like to add to my collection

Reply to this Topic
russ8655

Jun 09

russ8655 says:

snev

Okay will do

Reply to this Topic
Fitzhugh666

Oct 10

Fitzhugh666 says:

Muscle???

So let me get this traight, you are doing a test on older muscle bikes but havent included the VMax?

Halfwit!!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices