Skip to content

Discuss This Bad drivers caught on film as helmet cam sales double General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Bad drivers caught on film as helmet cam sales double

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Bad drivers caught on film as helmet cam sales double

Bad drivers are increasingly likely to have their antics caught on camera and posted online as more and more motorcyclists routinely use helmets cameras. Sales of the devices have doubled in two years and risen 40% in the last 12months according to retailers. The small cameras can be stuck to side of helmets with suction cups and record up to two...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (18 October 2011 12:16)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Fazerpod

Mar 06

Fazerpod says:

Question is

Can these vids be used as evidence to get something done about these idiots?

Reply to this Topic
zephyrdave

Jul 08

zephyrdave says:

vids

The guys road positioning and riding style haven't helped him in a number of these incidents (sitting along side the twat in the Fiesta who was texting so you can film him just put you in a dangerous position as did sitting in the blind spot in the first place, same goes for the Beetle) or being near the centre line in a right hand bend.

There are lots of idiots on the roads, that's why you need to ride effectively and defensively and make allowanced for them to do stupid things. Any one of these incidents could have been a nasty crash had he been going quicker.  

Reply to this Topic
Typhon219

Oct 11

Typhon219 says:

Fazerpod

I spoke to my Brother in law (copper) about this 2 days ago after getting fed up with bad drivers, final straw was the 3 year old stood on the back seat hanging out of a car window that tried to high 5 me riding the other way. if you catch them on tape, the reg is clear and the driver is easy to ID then yes they can prosecute but if it's only a minor offence chances are they'll just get a letter alerting them to why they are a tw*t. if it's more serious they can get points & fines etc. I'm definately asking santa for a camera this year.

Reply to this Topic
Bikefar

May 08

Bikefar says:

EU Legislation -again!

To any members of the EU Parliament seeing this article..

Serious question: Which part(s) of the proposed anti-motorcycling legislation will deal with this standard of driving by car and van drivers?

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Mobile use not taken seriously enough

Why is the penalty trivial for using a mobile, or texting, which studies have indicated can impair driving ability as much as being drunk.  People do it because they can get away with it, and it's a slap on the wrist even if they do get caught.

If the penalty was a guaranteed ban, £2000 fine and retake the test on the first offence, people wouldn't be doing it.  The police should do their job and rid the roads of this menace.   I can walk around and see this happening all the time.  Why can't the police do the same.

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

Same in Canada, a police car could just stay on the lookout for poeple chatting and texting on cell phones instead of speed once in a while, its often more dangerous then just speeding alone.

I can spot tons of people on the cell phone everyday.

Reply to this Topic
alexanderis

Oct 11

alexanderis says:

these can be used as evidence for legal procedures

At the court in order to prosecute someone you need 3rd party evidence: EG. a witness, recorded visual or sound information. the only thing what you need to get is a clear image of drivers face to prove that the owner of the vechicle was driving it.

however, I do not know exact procedures about breach of the law because people filming it are not government approved bodies. But all things considered after evaluation of the situation by the police i think legal procedures could be taken.

Last but not the least is how the court would think would be appropriate to raise a legal case or deal with issuing the tickets. It might be that you would be the one (filming person) who would have to bring it to court but if no damage is made over the minimum amount you can not even raise a case. and why court? because a person filming does not have an approved authority to issue tickets for breaching the highway code. and another thing is that cameras are not the official government cctv. Unless the PARLAMENT would pass a law about it not much could be done. unless you are using the cam record as an evidence to claim against other driver and use it as an evidence to prove that you were not in fault.

Reply to this Topic
pympster

Oct 11

pympster says:

I have a helmet camera (search "pympster douche of the day" on youtube) I report all bad drivers to the Met police roadsafe scheme. You send a link of the video and the police will take action accordingly.

People have been prosecuted for nearly killing us!

Reply to this Topic
Premises187

Jun 09

Premises187 says:

Premises187

That's my video :D

www.youtube.com/187premises

Reply to this Topic
tl1000kid

Aug 02

tl1000kid says:

There's too many people in the country...

We're all living like rats in a maze, racing around at top speed. It's not healthy, is it?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices