Skip to content

Discuss This Bad drivers caught on film as helmet cam sales double General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Bad drivers caught on film as helmet cam sales double

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Bad drivers caught on film as helmet cam sales double

Bad drivers are increasingly likely to have their antics caught on camera and posted online as more and more motorcyclists routinely use helmets cameras. Sales of the devices have doubled in two years and risen 40% in the last 12months according to retailers. The small cameras can be stuck to side of helmets with suction cups and record up to two...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (18 October 2011 12:16)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
pympster

Oct 11

pympster says:

Premises you lucky bugger, I didn't realise links workedd - though sonofthewinds was in the evening standard...

No shame advertising too: www.youtube.com/pympster

Reply to this Topic
Jonsedici

Feb 10

Jonsedici says:

Yep, I've got a Drift HD170 myself and I've caught a number of people pulling out in front of me, using their phones etc. Marvellous piece of technology and when facing contention from that idiot who's just hit you, you've got the evidence to sue his arse to high hell! Just wish I had it when my Fazer was written off.

www.youtube.com/LazyDaysRider

Reply to this Topic
tractorboybig

Nov 10

yer but will the incompetent police and cps ever prosecute on this evidence. I doubt it. However if you film your self on u tube on a bike at 78 mph beware, beware the bogey man cometh.

Reply to this Topic
bikenutter

Dec 10

bikenutter says:

Epic reactions in that last one, top riding!

Reply to this Topic
NeiljohnUK

Oct 09

NeiljohnUK says:

Helmet cam, and two bike mounted cam's, a third rear facing to come... Insurance companies like the evidence, the Police however only seem to if they can use it against you, and they will, even if the speedo's not in shot they have reverse engineered footage by frame rate and proven excess speed. In the last week I've had phone 'cage aimers', an e-mailing blackberry 'cage aimer' and numpty pi$$ed pedestrians, oh and me dealing with a hit and run where the biker got hit and the cager ran, fast, but other car drivers got the number...

Reply to this Topic
Fomancu

Jul 08

Fomancu says:

and your point is?

has anyone had a successful prosecution having submitted one of these "clips" to the authorities?--until then dont post and bleat and try to be the hard done by----oh yea--a cyclist has smacked in the face and his cam recorded the ID of his assaliant-- who was charged with what? common assault!!!  wow!!!

Reply to this Topic
FAM81

Aug 10

FAM81 says:

Its not just bad drivers...

As a London commuter the pedestrian cutting through stationary traffic looking only one way is all too real, you do get used to it with every other week you have a near miss as although you do look for them there is always the ones that appear when filtering like the girl from in front of a large van/bus/lorry and other than spending on lots of railings at the sides of junctions this is always going to be a problem with many more accidents to unfortunately come.

Reply to this Topic
blue200tdi

Dec 10

blue200tdi says:

CPS are rubbish

The CPS (Crown prosecution service) will not prosecute on this evidence, and also, most CCTV cannot be used as evidence either. Why? I have no idea Such is the crazy country we live in. Stupid really as here in Lincoln the council have bikes fitted with video recording facilities.

Unfortunately, driving like this will only get worse, as long as you don't speed, you can get away with anything because the chances of being seen by a traffic cop are remote to say the least.

And people wonder why there is so much road rage. They nearly kill you and all you are expected to do is smile politely and carry on. Prosecute on evidence from these cameras and the driving standard may well improve, although it's doubtful as most drivers have no idea what they're doing wrong in the first place.

Reply to this Topic
chmer20

Oct 09

chmer20 says:

rant

had a few close ones myself today. who the hell are these people on their phones talking too anyway? how did they get on before cellphones? even when i am in my car i never answer (tried it a few times and it is scary how much attention it takes off your driving), just let it ring or pull over! And when the hell did using turn signals become so hard, or merging for that matter!? last month I got a little revenge; stopped in traffic waiting to turn and woman pulled up in lane next me and tried to force herself in and it was either move into oncoming traffic or have her hit me. I chose option C, put an impression of my fist in her quarter panel! Funny how that worked and the horn didn't. And yes, she was on the phone. rant done...feel a little better.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

That's the way it is. As bikers, just pretend you are invisible and that cagers are homicidal, then you'll be fine.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices