Skip to content

Ask an Expert Mod 1 Passed!! Riding Skills

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Riding Skills > Mod 1 Passed!!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

roland1rat

Sep 11

roland1rat says:

Mod 1 Passed!!

Hi all,

Passed my Mod 1 today with no minor faults. I was a bit worried about this rather than Mod 2 due to the close scrutiny of slow riding so I'm feeling very pleased with my self. Looking forward now to Mod 2 in a couple of weeks, then hopefully looking for my first 'proper' bike (125 doesnt count hehe).

Im totally new to biking so any advice on good reliable bikes for newly qualified riders would be appreciated.

Thanks

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (18 October 2011 19:50)

Post a message in Riding Skills

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CBRJGWRR

Aug 11

CBRJGWRR says:

Roland1rat

Yes, we all know that a YBR 125 is underpowed. All four stroke 125s are like that. Even the sports 125's top out 70 ish. I've taken to having breakfast after I get to University for instance...

They make up for it with the fuel economy, which I suspect you made good use of. My CBR 125F had to be filled up for the first time this month yesterday. And very good handling.

125's have two choices. two stroke speed, and the ever present risk of it breaking down, or 4 stroke slowness, and the brilliant fuel economy, and reliability.

They don't make them as good as a 125 could be because then people would stick with the first bike/bikes, and manufacturers want to sell the bigger stuff.

You could do 90 mph top speeds, with 80+ mpg no problem. Get a RS 125, stick washers in exhaust, slow it down a little, remember your paying the petrol/2T oil bill.

Anyway, at 17/18/19, you run what you can afford and like.

Hence the reason why my RS 125 is sitting in a heated garage, waiting for my brother to get some money together for insurance, and the 2T oil bill.

All you really need is a 4T 125 for the City, and a 2T 125 for the deserted backroads.

Anyway, back to topic, well done for passing module 1. Its the nicer one coming next.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices