Skip to content

Discuss This Silverstone Stoner’s standout ride, says Jerry Burgess MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Silverstone Stoner’s standout ride, says Jerry Burgess

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Silverstone Stoner’s standout ride, says Jerry Burgess

Casey Stoner’s brilliant victory at a wet and cold British Grand Prix at Silverstone back in June showed why he was crowned 2011 MotoGP world champion, according to fellow Aussie Jerry Burgess. Stoner mastered appalling conditions to dominate the Silverstone clash while his main rivals were making big mistakes trying to match his stunning speed. Jorge Lorenzo, Marco Simoncelli and Ben Spies...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (19 October 2011 09:22)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

indirect

JB said indirectly to congrats stoner. why is he do it??? maybe he afraid rossi not like it. anyway, JB is a good guy much much more than his dog ass developer.

Reply to this Topic
Kwakasaki23

Sep 11

Kwakasaki23 says:

Motoking

That's no way to speak about Hayden, tut tut .

In relation to the article though, would agree that Silverstone was one of the stand out rides this season. Shocking conditions but Stoner never let up at all.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Interesting...

... that JB saw it as Stoner's Standout Ride yet so many on the Forum found it boring...

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/MotoGP/2011/June/jun1211-british-motogp-stoner-dominates-wet-race/Post.aspx

... yet Rossi wins by a similar margin & it becomes one of his most remarkable rides...

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/archive/76403/76540/76571/76575/

Reply to this Topic
BuckyMassa

Oct 11

BuckyMassa says:

nice

ahhh Mr.80 seconds fix Jerry of Burgess, self proclaimed master of development&improvements. JB, Assen 2010 : I don't know what Casey was doing...he was just riding round following the other guys and didn't try to pass. That's not what racers do!!!" What had changed in the meantime, beats me.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

A telling comment from JB about Stoner

and a cutting critique of his own rider " I think he had to get to the front to get clear track to be able to ride the Ducati in the way that it has to be ridden."

Reply to this Topic
UprightRossi

Oct 11

UprightRossi says:

motorking

Well after all, Jerry is still an AUSSIE.

It would be UNAUSTRALIAN to broadcast his dislike for another Australian whose representing his own country as a sportsman & ambassador!

Hmmmm....... subtle tension or something brewing in the eyetalian camp? Firstly the lack of feedback from the riders comment, and now this - publicly complimenting Rossi's arch nemesis? Doesnt sound like the Burgess we knew 12 months back?

Dont worry, if something's wrong - im sure there's always an 80 seconds fix for it!

Reply to this Topic
RossiDukeBiker46

Jul 10

Jerez was his best ride in 2011...

That stands out as the ultimate Stoner pefromance to me. It a shame he didn't finish more races in the gravel but hey, such is the superb advantage of that Honda. They should be praised at developing it. Both Honda and Pedrosa.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Laguna Seca 2011.

For me I thought Lorenzo was gonna run away with it then you see Stoner making up time and closing the front two down and that daring pass on the finish straight quite scary watching it how did he do that.

Reply to this Topic
DucatiMatty1974

Apr 11

Outstanding!

Having watched Mr. Stoner from Club corner, i concur it was a great performance. In fact he has had an outstanding year, Did anyone hear the commentary during the qualifying session on eurosport? They were stating that the computer data from last year indicated that Stoner's Ducati was in such a mess it was averaged that he should have crashed around 3 times per lap,however managed to save the bike from going over. The machine was actively trying to kill him. I would imagine that Rossi is very sorry he no longer has a competitive bike. Stoner will be able to develop next year's 1000's as honda will be prepared to chuck everything at the bike as opposed to Ducati who either won't or don't. IMHO.

Reply to this Topic
kgb333

Apr 09

kgb333 says:

Honda - Masters of the Game

I have read many of the comments on many of the articles this year and in an over view and summary one can only conclude that Honda are masters of the sport. 

They have had their setbacks over the decades but they always seem to be able to work their way back up to the top. This season at the outset there were 3 definite and 1 outside chance for them. This doesn't come about by good luck. 

I am willing to bet tomorrows coffee money that Honda watched Stoner from a distance knowing that Ducati was going to come unstuck.

My bet is pissed off riders come cheaper than those who are happy and full of themselves.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices