Skip to content

Discuss This Silverstone Stoner’s standout ride, says Jerry Burgess MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Silverstone Stoner’s standout ride, says Jerry Burgess

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Silverstone Stoner’s standout ride, says Jerry Burgess

Casey Stoner’s brilliant victory at a wet and cold British Grand Prix at Silverstone back in June showed why he was crowned 2011 MotoGP world champion, according to fellow Aussie Jerry Burgess. Stoner mastered appalling conditions to dominate the Silverstone clash while his main rivals were making big mistakes trying to match his stunning speed. Jorge Lorenzo, Marco Simoncelli and Ben Spies...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (19 October 2011 09:22)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bikemad123

Mar 09

bikemad123 says:

hey just a thought everyone if stoner has a engine penatly and loses ten points does that mean he will lose his motogp crown presuming he dnf the last races and lorenzo won them all lol not sure on the points advantage he has but presume its conceivable? lol

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

guess???

i think JB wants to be stoner's Chief crew. am i right? sometimes he pointed it out.

Reply to this Topic
veronicaisl

Aug 11

veronicaisl says:

Davevr46... Boring?

Have you ridden a superbike? or any bike in any race competition? As former rider and also mechanic leading in the front is not boring like ford said you need a tremendous concentration and skill to maintained the gap etc. etc. Bike racing is cannot be boring for true fans and true bike lover but sometimes its hard to accept the truth that our idol is not winning again then we are losing the faith with the game. Just enjoy the race and respect all the beast riders out there because they are the real deal of this sport.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Another angle...

... in years like 2001/2002 when Rossi won 11 out of 16 races the outcome of the races was almost preordained. It was a refreshing change when he didn't win. The racing was good but the same guy always won... some good races but many were won by over 2 secs... one by 22 secs! The racing wasn't boring but the outcome was... & not by the fact it was Rossi... just by the fact it was the same guy.

This year Stoner's won only just over half of the races... Stoner has often been one of the racers battling for 2nd & 3rd (7th!) giving DaveVR his main source of entertainment... other riders clearly are bringing the game to him but when he gets it right he's untouchable. Apart from Qatar & PI there were no races where I've thought "Stoner should win this". As for watching his skill at riding... I could watch it all day.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

bikemad123...

Your maths stink, Son. Stoner presently has 325 points. Lorenzo has 260. Deduct 10 points from Stoner and this still leaves him with 315 points ( if he never finished either of the last 2 x Races) ...

Conversely, just for the sake of your " theoretical scenario"  - Lorenzo won the last 2 x races and took the entire 50 points - this still only leaves him with 310 points - i.e. still 5 points short.

All academic anyway because Lorenzo isn't even starting at Sepang in KL, Malaysia ( i.e. zero points anyway) and even if he Won and took the 25 points in the Final 2011 Round @ Valencia - he still finishes 30 points short. No matter how you play it - it's a done deal. So - NO - not conceivable at all. Cheers

Reply to this Topic
davevr46

Feb 11

davevr46 says:

Hedgehog5

Thats excatly my point, its not boring.. as per say.

but the same outcome is a bit naff, i used loved it when stoner,gibernau,biaggi,lorenzo,capirex etc. had the pace to stick it to rossi and make him work for his victorys or even 2 nd place.

now, its the same thing, but with a diffferent guy, i just wish there were more people to 'stick it to him'... i would love to have spies,simo,pedro,lorenzo,stoner  and rossi all in a position capable of winning race's, i mean seriously the anticipation of who would win the next race would be great....

Just not this 'final destination' of a season.....

Reply to this Topic
UprightRossi

Oct 11

UprightRossi says:

Enjoyed 2011!

Gotta admit one thing though, it has been enjoyable watching Burgess & Rossi having to eat their humble pies.

Feel sorry for Rossi though, he's had to eat gravel more often than not on top of his PIE!!!

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

Burgess is right

by saying that the Ducati had to be ridden in a certain way to get the best out of it and only Casey has been able to do it. The only times he binned the thing was early on in races when pushing it hard to get those Bridgestones up to optimum temperature. It had to be the case where he pushed beyond what he could feel from the front tyre knowing that the tyre could take it, but it was a very fine line indeed. Other riders don't push the Ducati as hard and subsequently are always on a cold front tyre. Casey also has the ability to unload the front tyre and rear wheel steer it around the corners when conditions and/or tracks dictate, this comes from his dirt track background and makes him the modern master IMO.

Boring racing? bollocks. I could watch any of these Motogp riders just going around on their own and not get bored. Those that are bored aren't bikers and have no understanding of just how good these blokes are.

Reply to this Topic
fockyerdoder

Sep 11

fockyerdoder says:

anything but boring

"I could watch any of these Motogp riders just going around on their own and not get bored." by vmax4steve

This pretty much. Just seeing them ride those bikes fast is a pleasure to watch. Makes me watch the FP sessions too if I have time to do so. It drives me mad, wanting to punch the TV directors face when he shows boring stuff like pit crews or other irrelevant stuff instead of the duders on their beasts.

Also just because there are not 5 passes for the lead on every lap doesn't mean it's boring. They are all riding close to the limit. There is no big margin to take it easy and cruise around. Well except for Stoner on his good tracks maybe. Anyways, as everybody is giving his best there is always the possibility for mistakes. A race ain't over before the the line is crossed.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

dave

well, i must say i agree with you it's a  little bit boring. but not cause casey race in front with lots of secs. i boring cause i watch 9 times LUCKY WC, master moaning, hyprocrite, ass developer cann't catch stoner. with his big mouth at pre season to developt the bike cause stoner didn't, i'm a little bit upset about it.

he fight with collin and bautista but get the movie "the fastest". does he feel shame about it???? i'm sure no. cause his face as thick as rhino's face. shame on him. i'm boring to watch him. and i'm very confuse why nobody competitif enough to beat him that made him got 5 WC from 2000-2001.

even lorenzo beat him severly with the same bike. but it's not all. rossi got the best crew chief in the world while lorenzo not. still he beat that ass developer and got 2010 WC. what a shame. AM I RIGHT GUYS????

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices