Skip to content

Ask an Expert Just passed :) insurance tips? Insurance

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Insurance > Just passed :) insurance tips?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

letmelive

Oct 11

letmelive says:

Just passed :) insurance tips?

Hi, just passed my bike test, used to ride 125ccs a few years ago and got back into biking in the hope of getting a Honda cbr fs.

Here are my stats.

I'm 26, driven a car for 6 years now with 3 years ncd. I'm a woman biker does that affect anything lol.

Anyway I'm very much after something sport but quotes one day to the next differ, honda cbr f is pretty cheap at £450 tpft 0 excess.

Honda cbr fs is coming up at around 800 :(. I have a set budget put away for the bike and was looking at paying my insurance up front. Was hoping to just buy the one bike as to not run the risk of losing money down the line when i come to sell the bike, and not be able to afford the one i actually wanted :(.

Any tips? i was looking at the sv650s but tbh i know i will get bored of it.

Thank you

Amy

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (19 October 2011 14:37)

Post a message in Insurance

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Insurance

Congratulations on passing your test and welcome to the fold. 

If you really want a CBR then go for it, they are great bikes.  Pick the F over the FS.  The FS was a little more 'sporty' but there is little difference in performance plus the F has the added advantage on a centre stand and more comfortable seat.  (Don't under-estimate the convenince of having a centre stand)  I am sure with a little shopping around you'll be able to get a reasonable price on your insurance.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Congrats,

welome to the the fold and the forum.

Ok two quick things whats the budget and what'll use your bike for?.

:- Second car ncd = jack i'm affraid.

Oh......SV v's 125 bored not at all, horses for courses tbh.

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

What

you planning to use it for?

One way to get insurance down is a limited mileage - but if you're commuting daily / all year round you may find yourself running your mileage up pretty quick.

Reply to this Topic
letmelive

Oct 11

letmelive says:

Yes, i like the cbr fs only for the rear tail...im not a banana seat fan.

The sv650's sv1000's are up on the list, but I'm more for the naked look with belly pans for them. Don't want the bike to be to light in weight as I'm only small myself and would prefer good stability on motorways.

My budget is £3000.

I won't be using it as much for the winter, it's not a commuter bike, i use the car for work, jap so pound the miles on that lol. I don't think in the 1st year of having the bike i will be exceeding 4000 miles tbh i will in the 2nd year though, but if i get the sv650 i will be able to afford to put extra miles on as it's pretty cheap to insure.

Thanks for replying nice to meet you. :)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices