Skip to content

Discuss This Would you buy a hyper-scooter? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Would you buy a hyper-scooter?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Guy Procter  says:

Would you buy a hyper-scooter?

It might be the first big scooter ever to catch your attention – and then only for an instant, because you thought it was a melted RSV4 – but the new Aprilia SRV850 begs the question: would you? It's 2011 after all, sports bikes no longer attract universal esteem and we've all got a bit more broad-minded. Are you ready to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (19 October 2011 15:37)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MattMorris

Sep 09

MattMorris says:

Errmm

After careful consideration lasting almost 2 seconds I have decided the answer to the question "would I buy one ?" is

NO

[This Reply has been modified by the Moderator]

Reply to this Topic
Banzai600

Feb 06

Banzai600 says:

Stop Maxing out the argument !

I didnt confuse it with an RSV4, sorry MCN. Plenty of "sensible" bikes out there that aint scooters with gears and can get you to the "offie" or hacking into work.

Maxi scooters in Europe sell in massive amounts, just go to Italy. More big scooters there than natives themselves!  But as i said, thats a different market.

Big scoots do nothing for me personally, same as traction control on a sportsbike.......pfft. Buying one of these is notihing to do with "pride", its to do with an individuals requirements that's it, plain and simples!

Dont be almost forcing such opinions, especially re automatic bikes (tut tut).....:hmmm:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
may c

Aug 02

may c says:

scooter

ive owned fireblades done track days ect but id by one with fuel set to become dearer still we need 100 mph max with 85mpg  bikes scooters ect.if your caught over 100 mph its a ban  so whats the point of faster in this country.

Reply to this Topic
InTheRealWorld

Oct 11

No

Reply to this Topic
CBRJGWRR

Aug 11

CBRJGWRR says:

I don't want a big scooter

I would like my old scooter back though...

Reply to this Topic
RossyC

Jul 11

RossyC says:

lol

i like the mpg but they look so shit, id rather drive a 600 with 40mpg than that ugly thing

Reply to this Topic
jbond

Aug 02

jbond says:

Second bike

There's a lot to be said for having the white van of the motorcycling world as a second bike. For that you need big luggage capacity[1], enough speed to keep up on motorways and enough power to make thrashing it entertaining. So, yes, a Burgman 400 and upwards makes perfect sense for errands and commuting and especially commuting 30 miles into central London. The bigger scoots like the Burgman 650, Silver Wing, Gilera/Aprilia 850 and the new Honda end up being neither one thing or the other. Yes, they're faster, but they're also less convenient with less luggage capacity. And yes, I'd love a Burgman 400 that was no bigger but did an honest 110 instead of 90 flat out. I'm sure there are people out there for whom a Mega-Scoot as their only bike makes sense, especially given that a Burgman 650/Silver Wing is as big and capable as an 80s touring bike. But not for me. And for lovers of the T-Max, too expensive, not enough luggage room, too tall. Even if it does ride well. [1] Things I've had on/in my Burgman 400 at various times. A xmas tree, A turkey, 2 full size speakers, 2 up with all the camping gear to Glastonbury (4 times), a Volvo car seat, a bicycle.

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Yes and no

Would I buy a maxi-scooter? Yes, definitely

Would I buy a Honda Integra, an Aprilia 850 or the forthcoming BMW maxi scooter? Absolutely not

The most interesting piece of current scooter news is the service interval on the new Piaggio 350 which is 12,000 miles.

Which means that Piaggio have at least got something right.

Reply to this Topic
Fomancu

Jul 08

Fomancu says:

try before you gripe

Indeed--I did and I would do again--provided it a fair size engine its the best touring tool Ive ever had--I did France to Central Europe via Spain--Italy and back up over a 3 week period--on a Big Burgman 650--comfortable? oh yes---dry?--better than a bike----mpg? daft question--and before you quibble--yes I have a GSXR 1000  and a Ducati Streetfighter in my garage as well--but the SB--is my weapon of touring any time :-))

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

its a bit like asking if a scooter owner would buy a sportsbike I guess.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices