Skip to content

Discuss This Would you buy a hyper-scooter? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Would you buy a hyper-scooter?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Guy Procter  says:

Would you buy a hyper-scooter?

It might be the first big scooter ever to catch your attention – and then only for an instant, because you thought it was a melted RSV4 – but the new Aprilia SRV850 begs the question: would you? It's 2011 after all, sports bikes no longer attract universal esteem and we've all got a bit more broad-minded. Are you ready to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (19 October 2011 15:37)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Mitchyman

Oct 10

Mitchyman says:

???

Surely this is just a reincarnation of the Honda DN-01??

Reply to this Topic
aw11star

May 06

aw11star says:

Don't mean to gloat!

I've literally just finished a fantastic tour around Corfu on a Yamaha 250 scooter and came on here to check out used prices. For 2 up cruising they beat all but the dedicated tourers, I wouldn't swap my R1 but I'd definitely buy one for days out with the missus. I've been on some crazy tiny roads today, cliff edges, hairpins etc had all day comfort, weather protection and loads of storage for two. great can't recommend enough

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

testing testing.....

just testing my post count here as I seem to be missing a few points on my total .

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

hello

Reply to this Topic
davevr46

Feb 11

davevr46 says:

The cut out section on scooters was designed so women could wear skirts on them and still look ladylike.

i would not buy one, as i am male.

scooters are ok for teenage boys with a gender identifiction problems and women.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

yes

:smiley:thats me then.

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

its another nisch in the market. better weather protection more luggage space easier for older riders or people with hip problems to swing their leg over the seat. would i buy one? possibly when i get older until then i prefer bikes with good handling good looks and good perfomance 

Reply to this Topic
doctorfrank

Dec 08

doctorfrank says:

Attitude's

Would I buy one.....yes,because I'm of the opinion it's about riding 2 wheels whatever shape or form.

This is what I guess my bone of contention is with all the sportsbike euphoria,a lot of people have bought them for their image and ego.........you know the type brand spanking new his and her leathers,boots,gloves,knee sliders and sportsbike and riding it like a tall hat.

If it fit's your requirements get on with it.....and as for girl's riding them,well I suppose but I'd like to see jenny tinmouth or maria costello on one and then laugh my tit's off watching some nob on a sportsbike trying to catch em.

Reply to this Topic
Rumple

Sep 09

Rumple says:

@ davevr46

You're so butch.....

Reply to this Topic
jonter

Dec 10

jonter says:

if it goes, ride it...what was that? 77mpg? 70 - odd bhp? Maybe not for grannies eh?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle