Skip to content

Discuss This Marc Marquez to stay in Moto2 in 2012 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Marc Marquez to stay in Moto2 in 2012

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Marc Marquez to stay in Moto2 in 2012

Marc Marquez has ended intense speculation about his future in Malaysia today by confirming he will remain in the Moto2 world championship in 2012. The Spaniard has been constantly linked with a switch to MotoGP in recent weeks, but the 18-year-old confirmed in Sepang this afternoon that he won’t move until 2013. Marquez admitted he was seriously tempted to switch to MotoGP...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (20 October 2011 10:02)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Aidie, Aidie, Aidie...

You took the bait my friend... You've been snagged!! :)

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

Mea culpa

"That's not moaning, that's pointing out the obvious."

Apologies for the confusion.  I was referring to "Moaner", not Rossi.

*ahem*

Reply to this Topic
AdieMonk

Jul 09

AdieMonk says:

Tetsuo et Moaner

What?  Jesus now I'm confused.  Who did what now?

Maybe it will all make sense to motoking......

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

AideMonk

Moaner was right.  I was trolling him and you got caught up in the crossfire of my bullshit.

Mind you, I completely nailed him with my other attempt.  Even got him to confess to being captain of the Rossi bandwagon (true story).

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I disagree. He should have seized the chance to graduate

Marquez has proven he's the fastest in the field in Moto2. Simple four stroke machine mastered - move on. I don't buy into the maturing line. Sure he has this to do (far less from a racing perspective though),  but his foolishness at P.I is hardly the sole preserve of youth.

As for being chucked in at the deep end in MotoGP. Well it has to happen at some time, the sooner the better to my mind for one so talented.  Yes our three Aliens would chew him up, but if he's as strong mentally as he appears he'd learn quickly. Where Marquez is at now I would expect perhaps a podium or two later in the season. Alot would depend on the quality of the people around him though.

Anyway this hasn't happened and he'll be back in the bull ring (perhaps Pamplona would be more fitting) of Moto2 chasing his second or third title.

That's a long loud groan you can hear from the entire Moto2 field.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
AdieMonk

Jul 09

AdieMonk says:

you two....

....and your little games!

Reply to this Topic
fockyerdoder

Sep 11

fockyerdoder says:

experience is an excuse

It has nothing to do with gaining experience. He could gain that in MotoGP just as well. It's all about the Benjamins. Repsol and that Spanish bank, that is now owned by the tax payer don't need him in MotoGP. They get a huge return for their Moto2 sponsorship on his bike. They would never get the same in MotoGP, but instead would have to pay 4 or 5 times the money. From their point of view it would be utterly stupid to pay for his promotion.

What we really see here is, that he doesn't seem to be very mature yet. He could have shown them the finger. I bet you some team would have taken him in MotoGP. And he would have found other sponsors easily, albeit maybe not as potent ones. All he had to do was tell his manager to make it happen. Instead he let the adults decide over his teenage future. And of course they acted to their own interests.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
glynny

Aug 09

glynny says:

Hmmmmm....3 Aliens?

Nostro.......3 aliens? i'm intrigued now. So who are the 3 aliens?

Casey, Jorge and..........(I'm hazarding Dani?, no room for he who's name shouldn't be mentioned cos it will involve furious 27 v 46 tripe!!!)

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Naturlich Glynny

My understanding of what constitutes 'Alien' status is being a regular winner in any one given season. Last year there were four, this year but three. As the saying in sport goes you're only as good as your last game / race. A little simplistic but a full season is plenty enough form book.

Reply to this Topic
Zoggthefantastic

Sep 11

Dani's

An aliarse not an alien...

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool