Skip to content

Discuss This Honda confirms Crosstourer as 2012 model New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Honda confirms Crosstourer as 2012 model

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

Honda confirms Crosstourer as 2012 model

Honda has just announced that, as expected, its all-new V4 adventure bike, the Crosstourer, which was unveiled in prototype form at last year’s Milan Show WILL be going into production next year. The full announcement is as follows: "Honda today confirms that the Crosstourer model unveiled as a concept at the 2010 EICMA show will go into mass production, and will be...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (20 October 2011 10:38)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Banzai600

Feb 06

Banzai600 says:

They Are Testing Already

Looking forward to this bike but i belive its going to be fairly tall as in GS type tall. I hope not, wouldnt mind one myself. If they are aiming at a mass market they cant make the thing impossible to get onto :-)

Anyhow,the bike has been spotted testing in Germany, looks mighty in its matt black guise but almost identical to the prototype showed last year. Its the DTC model thats been testing. It has the coolest set of spoked wheels i have seen in a long time!

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

well suited package.

As a long time admirer of the blackbird which was a welcome replacement for the long lived CBR1000 range. I was completely underwhelmed by the complete dissapointment that was the long winded build up, not to mention over hyped and over priced , under performing VFR 1200.This makes much more sense though for this engine, Come on Honda give us a new Blackbird flagship with a monster engine and performance to get excited about. Turbo? V5? 1400cc? I remember all the hype .

Reply to this Topic
marty1035

Aug 07

marty1035 says:

Looks

Looks pretty cool from these pictures, especially the front end. Hopefully a better challenge to the GS than the underwhelming Yamaha copy.

Reply to this Topic
Bonly1

Aug 02

Bonly1 says:

Hey Yoda!!

"but i belive its going to be fairly tall as in GS type tall. I hope not, wouldnt mind one myself. If they are aiming at a mass market they cant make the thing impossible to get onto"

Midgets not we all are, be some 6 foot taller you than, suit Honda bigger, might I.....:)

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Nice refresh of the GS, BMW

Wait, what?  That's a Honda?  Oh my, that's just awesomely cynical.

Actually, I do quite like how they don't make any claims that it can actually make its way through a shallow puddle, just that it's got off-road "styling".  At least they know their market.

Reply to this Topic
Banzai600

Feb 06

Banzai600 says:

@ Bonly1

good man, lmao :-)

Reply to this Topic
Evogt

Apr 05

Evogt says:

Lost the plot

I think the Honda designers need to pinch themselves very hard as that looks bloody awful.What are they thinking?

Reply to this Topic
garmit

Feb 11

garmit says:

Yuk

I agree with Evogt. It looks just like a GS, Tiger and all the other hideously overweight pseudo trail bikes. If you want to go off road anything over 250cc is a waste, if you want to tour get something that is more aerodynamic. But that's my opinion.

Reply to this Topic
Gunner60

Oct 11

Gunner60 says:

Honda Crosstourer

The BMW GS is ugly, and Honda managed to make a bike that is even uglier! Off course it's a budget bike for Honda. The designer should be shamed, even if it rides well...

Reply to this Topic
grumpytwin

Jul 08

grumpytwin says:

Oh gawd, not more bleedin' wire wheels. Put proper road wheels on it Honda and stop pretending people will take it off road. Who cares if it's ugly when you're riding it? I ride bikes not stare at them!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices