Skip to content

Discuss This Sepang MotoGP: Valentino Rossi aiming to bounce back in Malaysia MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Sepang MotoGP: Valentino Rossi aiming to bounce back in Malaysia

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Sepang MotoGP: Valentino Rossi aiming to bounce back in Malaysia

Valentino Rossi is aiming to bounce back from two disastrous flyaway races in Sepang this weekend to strengthen his bid to finish fifth in the overall MotoGP world championship standings. Rossi crashed on the first lap of the Japanese Grand Prix and then tumbled out of fifth during last weekend’s Australian round at the Phillip Island circuit. The 32-year-old has now slipped...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (20 October 2011 12:27)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Hardlylean.

Rossi made himself look like a dick at Yamaha.

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

credit

I have always given Casey great great praise for his skills on a duke, in one of my most recent posts I praise his mercurial talents for riding the duke so fast when it is a bike that by rights should be slow... praise enough I feel for a truly deserved champion !!!

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

redracer

Fairplay bud. My mistake (thumbsup)

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

By rights should be slow?

The thing still has an engine as strong as anything in the class. It still has the same cycle parts as Honda and Yamaha (Ohlins and Brembo). It has a chassis that according to Stoner is superior to that on which he won his title in 2007, and it won plenty of races and scored plenty more podiums in 2009/10.

Why on earth should the current incarnation of the D16 be slow? The thing's a rocket. It's just that its riders aren't lighting its fuse.

Reply to this Topic
davevr46

Feb 11

davevr46 says:

its not slow, its just not as good as the yamaha or honda.

the tyres they are using now are made by a japanese company (bridgestone), and obviously have been developed to work with bikes that have a chassis.

I think its kinda obvious, the tyre carcasses are ultra stiff, the jap bikes flex slightly due to having a 'prope r frame', so stiff tyres work well with them.

the problem is that ducati are using the same tyres,but with a very rigid design.....which is bound to create problems

Reply to this Topic
davevr46

Feb 11

davevr46 says:

I think they should be allowed to have tyre wars again, pirelli,michelinbridge stone.

what ever works best for the bike.

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

MOANER

Pacey Casey calling Rossi a moaner is a bit like the pot calling the kettle black because every comment i have seen from the guy on Rossi he is slagging him of and moaning about him. Their again i know where Pacey Casey is coming from because his hero Casey Stoner has never moaned, bitched on or said any thing bad about any thing or any other rider. infact Casey Stoner comes accross as one of the  nicest charming and most  charasmatic riders the sport has ever known i love him nearly as much as Pacey Casey What a hero 

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

rachetman

My hero is Lawson. Similar to Casey as he rarely played to the crowds, and they both done/do an excellent job while riding. So you've guessed my hero wrongly.

I 'guess' your'e just pissed at 'your heros' performances this season. I could be wrong but somehow i doubt it. I'm sure you have a great 2012 to look forward to...................NOT!

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

Pacey Casey.All these guys who ride in motogp ect  are heros and unlike you i wouldnt slag any of these riders of for there riding ability in fact if you care to read some of my comments i have said that Casey has been the best rider by far this season. so perhaps you should take a leaf out of my book and stop slagging these heros of until you can ride as well as they can then i and most other people who read this sight might start taking you seriously 

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Wonders never cease pt.2

For the second time this evening I've been surprised to read a rational comment by a 46'er. Bravo Davevr, no small degree of truth in your post. 2012 will be better in this respect as it sounds like Bridgestone have found a way to move back to a softer carcass yet still maintain the requisite performance.

That's not to say that Rossi still doesn't need a cracker up his arse. Go on little sniggerers, do your worst.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices