Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Aprilia RSV4 v Nissan GT-R: Battle of the computers First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: Aprilia RSV4 v Nissan GT-R: Battle of the computers

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: Aprilia RSV4 v Nissan GT-R: Battle of the computers

Electronic rider aids are where it's at right now, love 'em or loathe 'em, and the Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC (Aprilia Performance Ride Control) has the smoothest, most sophisticated system of any current motorcycle. The Italian machine's clever computerised brain will help you change gear, control a spinning rear wheel, keep the front wheel on the ground under hard acceleration and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (20 October 2011 16:27)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
zedman1

Oct 11

zedman1 says:

gtr 0-60

the bike beats the car off the mark we all know that but who drove the gtr at a super slow 0-60 time of 4.6 seconds. Most notable car mags have put this through the 0-60 at 3 seconds and a couple less than that.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Whats that you say???

I have never read about a sub 3 second 0-60 for this car 3.9 yes the .9 is worth a whole lap in racing. More important is the type of track as any biker knows, cars are so much quicker around tight bends than bikes but a bike buggers off down a long straight and is good in high speed curves . As for the pairing of Bike and Car I would not like to be the car driver on the road or the Biker on a tight track.

Reply to this Topic
zedman1

Oct 11

zedman1 says:

Nissan quotw the 2011/2012 GTR at 3 secs 0-100 kmh (0-60mph 2.9 secs) this has been backed up using Digitek timing

Reply to this Topic
BlackPrince

Feb 09

BlackPrince says:

Google is your friend snev :)

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/12/02/2012-nissan-gt-r-officially-goes-0-60-in-2-9-seconds/ Oh and MCN, Fast Bikes already did a test of this last year aginst the S1000RR instead of the Aprilia and the bike won obvi You guys should test the BAC Mono or the Ariel Atom V8 against a superbike

Reply to this Topic
CBRJGWRR

Aug 11

CBRJGWRR says:

Bike v Car

Ariel Atom V8 vs bike? Top Gear already did it.

It won by a fraction over a second, after cutting up the BMW S1000RR rider into the second to last corner.

MCN won't test Atom V8 vs any bike, because the bike stands too much chance of losing.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Well Bugger me backwards, I googled it and lo and behold, 2.9secs it is I think I might have to get one. Now, I wonder what i'll find if I google 'bugger me backwards'?

Reply to this Topic
JKF011

Oct 11

JKF011 says:

bike v car

I think, perhaps, the 2.9 0-60 is with some The Stiggish pilot aboard but with young Ben on-baord, representing a good fast road driver, his time is much more real world. That 2.9 might've been on a glss smooth dragstrip with a brisk tailwind? I would like to see the exact same test with someone The Stiggish driving the GTR.

Reply to this Topic
draper12807

Feb 11

draper12807 says:

Cost

With only a few atom v8's being made are u likely to ever come across one on the road (from what ive been told are like the desmosedici, cant use them properly unless pushing hard, not really possible on road), why not do one on costs? 10 grand bike, 10 grand car? a bit more reallistic.

Reply to this Topic
BBQdog

Jul 10

BBQdog says:

Top Gear

If TopGear did this test the car would be the fastest :)

Reply to this Topic
merv007

Dec 07

merv007 says:

bike vs car

I know from riding on the road the corner speed of cars is over-rated, it's not all about the contact patch a car has with its rubber - it's how much lean a bike can generate on modern tyres and their tiny, agile frames which matter in the corners. Hence why i would bet serious money on a well ridden supermoto like an Aprilia SXV550 being able to lap a roundabout faster that a GTR for example! the Ariel Atom seems to come up a lot, but it's extreme and rare to the point of being pointless to this discussion, at least you see quite a few GTRs on the road. Though i think a Troy Bayliss piloted Ducati 1098R would be quicker than an atom V8 around Phillip Island and might even be faster mid corner, with it's only advantage being braking. Just a thought.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices