Skip to content

Discuss This Sepang MotoGP: Valentino Rossi slow and struggling in 13th MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Sepang MotoGP: Valentino Rossi slow and struggling in 13th

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Sepang MotoGP: Valentino Rossi slow and struggling in 13th

Valentino Rossi had another instantly forgettable day on Ducati’s factory Desmosedici machine after the Italian finished the first day of practice at a scorching hot Sepang in a lowly 13th place. The 32-year-old logged a best time of 2.03.677 to finish 2.427s behind Dani Pedrosa and only Hector Barbera was slower on a Ducati in intense heat and humidity at the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (21 October 2011 12:48)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

At least...

...he's only got 3 satellite bikes & his team mate faster than him on Ducati's this week.

(EDIT... sorry... I wrote this & was looking at the FP1 timings when he had only 1 Ducati in front of him... I corrected it but perhaps I should delete it... )

:wacko:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
nickyb65

Jan 10

nickyb65 says:

Time to quit

Rossi has almost a year on the Bike, various frames, designs and still they can't manage to sort it. Maybe he will do better in the race and climb the pack, he has an ideal chance this weekend as JL and BS are injured.

No doubt the normal excuses from him at the end of the Race.

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

Annus horibillis

FFS! Give yourself a shake Vale. Sick of hearing this baloney now - if Ducati can't/won't give you a bike that you can win races on then get the f**k out of there...

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

clear

Its quite clear the stressed member design just isnt going to work for Valentino. Something has to give, If having Rossi competitive is of definitive importance to Ducati, then either they will need to relent and have a conventional twin spar that Rossi is used to and able to make work, or maybe time they seek an amicable separation.....no one wants this race in race out... must be incredibly tense and frustrating for them as it is for his fans !!!

Reply to this Topic
davevr46

Feb 11

davevr46 says:

i wish rossi would just stfu, end his contract with ducrappy and start his own privateer team using honda stuff,....

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

here we go again

Rossi doesn't need to leave and even if he could i don't think his pride would let him. He needs to spend more time learning to setup and ride the bike rather than making radical changes all the time. Everytime he turns up to the track with a new part its another stab in the dark to make it work. If almost every other rider currently on the Duc can put in a better lap than rossi it's not entirley the bikes fault. I'm sure testing restrictions have hampered progress this year but he and Burgess have not helped themselves by going for the magic fix all the time. Lets hope all this develpoment pays off next year.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Last Ducati yet again, unless you really want to count a bruised and battered Hector Barbera who usually always goes well in practice. Now say it's still the bike.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

50/50

On the one hand the GP11/12 is 0.5 a lap slower across all circuits on race day as a rule of thumb. That is to say its potential has gone backwards as they've thrown new ideas at it.

On the other hand, Rossi I'm afraid is the other 0.5 per lap problem thus giving you the constant full second gap to his general rivals. I'm not knocking him,just stating the obvious. He has never been the same rider since the shoulder op. With the painfull shoulder last season he could still ride like his usual self. Since the op he apparently can't.

Give him his familiar (racer brain hardwired) M1 and he will be that 0.5 a lap quicker. Still not enough.

50/50 rider/bike. Yes,I know today was 2 seconds,but generally this year its been a second a lap on race day at any given curcuit. As in the case of Spies on Sunday,an unwelcome Malaysian wet race will benefit the pair of them.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

http://www.gpone.com/index.php/en/201110195274/Rossi-not-well-suited-to-the-Ducati.html

32 isn't too old in our sport, Ive said this before. Don't use his age as an excuse.

I'm coming off of a difficult period with injuries, Moaning ?

In our sport the rider essentially makes the difference, You said it, Rossi.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Last Ducati.

More embrassment for Rossi Ducati misses Stoner very badly bet they wish he was still in Red and not Orange.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices