You are in... Forums > General > General > Ear plugs

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Ear plugs

yes or no, how many of you guys or girls use them? i've never use them, db killers or not.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (21 October 2011 21:48)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Oh

and bee, if you've not heard this post i understand as you ride a harley.:laugh:

Reply to this Topic
hawk750

Apr 09

hawk750 says:

keeps

The DB's down from the missus gob.

Reply to this Topic
muncemeister

Oct 11

muncemeister says:

Ear plugs

I haven't used them for years and then it was only to cut out the noise of the other builders snoring! Had to bunk down in a site caravan for weeks at a time.:upset:

I feel that they might cut down your awareness on a bike even though the engine noise is sometimes a trifle irksome.:blink:

Reply to this Topic
mk1rob

Aug 11

mk1rob says:

Nah

I was told to get some when i first got the bike. Guessing its for wind noise at high speed over anything? My bike doesnt go fast enough to need them!:laugh:

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Ear plugs?

Yes, always. You can still hear. It just keeps the wind roar down.

Reply to this Topic
phantomrider

Jul 09

phantomrider says:

Ear Plugs

Yep - use them for longer rides. 

Couldn't get on with disposable ones - kept falling out!!  So had some custom ones made.  Work really well - recommended.  Bit worried about hearing loss as I played in band, listened to a lot of loud music when I was a lad!!! 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Dialyser

Sep 08

Dialyser says:

Ear plugs

Have used them the last few years and don't like going on the bike without them now, although the fact that I have a noisy helmet (shoei x-spirit) and a noisy can on my Daytona 955i might have something to do with it.:lol:

Reply to this Topic
smidget

Nov 07

smidget says:

Fake Ear Wax

Never used them, I like to hear what the bike is telling me, and its a beautiful noise.

Reply to this Topic
Steveyman

Jan 08

Steveyman says:

Ear plugs

I'm not saying you should wear them but it's your choice.

But as for someone who knows what it's like having hearing loss, prevention is better than cure.

When you start getting tinnitus (that ringing, hissing sound in your head that just doesn't go away) you might wish you had done something about it earlier.

Prevention is always better than cure.

Take care:smile

Reply to this Topic
sprag

Aug 02

sprag says:

ear plugs yes or no........

many years ago when I was forced to work for a living I used earplugs when I had to go into a department with noisy machinery but just cant get on with them on a bike for some reason. I find they make me feel 'out of touch' with the bike and the road. Besides, why blot out the wonderful sound of a well set up engine and a set of loud pipes :smile and having started riding bikes in the time when we were not forced to wear helmets a bit of wind noise round my head doesn't bother me in the least.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices