Skip to content

Discuss This Sepang MotoGP: Ben Spies withdraws after double crash MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Sepang MotoGP: Ben Spies withdraws after double crash

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Sepang MotoGP: Ben Spies withdraws after double crash

Battered and bruised Ben Spies has withdrawn from tomorrow’s Malaysian Grand Prix, just hours after vowing to ride through the pain barrier in Sepang. The Texan has struggled with a major rib injury he picked up in a massive qualifying crash at Phillip Island a week ago that forced the 2009 World Superbike champion to sit out the Australian round. Spies had...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (22 October 2011 18:34)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

You are a very strange little man indeed Elbowz

Your man's not in the race so you're tucking your toys under your arm and trudging off home?! Not even the yellow oompa loompa are that pathetic.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

no shame in it

Get a life elbowz?? we all love biking for itself not one person. Would love colin to cause the surprise of the century and win it tomorrow.

With the back to back races Spies was always on a loser for this week. Years of playing rugby and getting my head rattled more than once ( waits for nostro to wade in) i know how long concussion can take to recover from. Three week playing ban was the norm within the game so im surprised they let riders back out so soon.

Yamaha have done the right thing, Bens health is more important than the odd place in the table at the end of the day.

Reply to this Topic
bikemad123

Mar 09

bikemad123 says:

full factory ride for colin edwards tomorrow please yamaha!! would be awesome to watch him get a podium hey feck maybe even the win he has been sreaching for all these years- go colin!!! 

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

GYTR

I'm with 'Wosi' 'Nostro' and the rest.

Get a grip bud!

Reply to this Topic
Vee4pilot

Feb 10

Vee4pilot says:

Bah!  What kinda race fan are you?  If Spies racing career was over tommorow, it's easy to assume Elbowz will disappear just as well??

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

C'mon GYTR

Don't be a spoil sport...... Although I don't understand single minded fervent support of a single rider, or any sportsman for that matter, you are generally very fair, resiliant to abuse, rise above childish internet squables, and with the exception of suffering a bit of tunnel vision, you seem like a decent character. Yes your man has had his (somewhat patchy) season end in tatters which is a shame for you but how do you think he feels? I am very concerned that neither Ben nor Jorge will be testing the litre bike after the race. Every lost lap with these testing rules is bad news indeed. 

You have been complimentary of other riders at times, I understand your rabid dislike of Honda will be a big issue but tune in anyway. Big Ben appreciates the talents of his competition and he is a racing fan and he will be right there watching the action I am certain. You never know, it doesn't happen often but we may get to see a good race tomorrow! Ben would want you to watch and then give us your opinion of what happened............. go on ........... you know you want to.............. Better luck next year Spiester!

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Bens Pies

Bens been a real disappointment this year .Joking aside Bens had a nightmare the last few weeks . I think maybe next season he might do a few more wins but he has to rest up and get mended . As for CE on a factory bike . I doubt he'd have the time to set it up , but he's riding great , Christ knows what tech trois think of Cal , hes doing nothing

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Then again...... GYTR

Super Spies Super Super Bike rider, horrendously hyped, but did an outstanding job last year.... but this year, works ride, title holding team, GP's maybe a bridge too far? How can you be so sniffy.... think of the poor Crutchlow Massive! Ouch! If he doesn't have a serious change of fortunes after the first few rounds of 2012 he will be called "Crumbling Crutchlow"  or worse... first we had Careless Chuca now it is Cartwheel Cal! I'm with Pacey... Get a grip......... there is still another season to (as the rednecks say) GYTR DONE!

Ref: Larry the Cable Guy if ya don't git tha darn joke.... daaaaaammmmnnnn

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

careless

just won the superbike title willy mate!!! Cal will be back with him in a year or so.

Reply to this Topic
Vee4pilot

Feb 10

Vee4pilot says:

Unfortunate but

Chance of Colin Edwards getting a factory bike to fill in is ZERO to none.....he won't be riding a CRT bike for Yamaha next season....it'll be with BMW.  Apparently Yamaha told him to F off it seems in terms of what he wanted from a claiming rule bike....

http://superbikeplanet.com/2011/Oct/111020ce24.htm

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices