You are in... Forums > General > General > speed triple 1050 sports

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

clockhouse

Jul 11

clockhouse says:

speed triple 1050 sports

Hello all. I’m looking at having a new bike in the next year or two. i set my eyes on the triumph speed triple 1050. So I invited my good wife and kids to a drive to triumph dealers. the thing is i saw this bike on a web site with the handle bars dropped or adjustable clip-ons. And the usual add on s. and it had a black paint job. For me it looked stunning a work of art to look at. i said to myself i just got to have one of them. with picture of the bike in hand, I promptly take wife to a speed triple on show. i said to dealer. can you sell me a bike like the one on this picture. And with a smile he said yes. i was in heaven. But it did not last long. the wife said you’re not having that, it’s not finished off. You wouldn’t buy a car with no bonnet. All the engine is showing, you want a bike like the one next to it. That black and gold one. it was the 675 Daytona. Then she said to dealer. Can you put the 1050 engine in that Daytona frame and just tweak the engine a bit. Dealer said no. she said to me on way home. The designer either ran out of ink or fell asleep. But has she got a point. Will there be a Daytona 1050 or 800 or both. With full fairing and half fairing. is the 675 a test bed for better things to come. are triumph brave enough to take on the litre sports / track  bikes. and a road version one with plenty of pad for bums and practability built in. some people are now saying sports tourer, i say no. more sports then tourer. but i do believe the 1050cc engine has a lot of un tapped bang still to come out. I read the kawasaki 636 may come back a nice neat package. but i still want that bike in that picture. now what about a new sv 1000, were is it. That’s another story. Your views.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (22 October 2011 21:52)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Dialyser

Sep 08

Dialyser says:

1050 Daytona

I have a Daytona 955i, I have had it for fours years now and have to say I love it.
I know from being on various forums that the Daytona 1050 is a often asked question and there is certainly a market for it (although Triumph don't seem to think it is big enough). If such a bike was to come out it would be one the few bikes I would consider trading my 955i in for.
Meantime why don't you take a test ride on a 955i, they make great road bikes for little money.

Reply to this Topic
crustybiker

Apr 04

crustybiker says:

sv

get the sv a far better bike than that triumph crap

Reply to this Topic
baldspot

Feb 03

baldspot says:

Crusty has a point

get the SV and watch it dissolve before your eyes

The triumph is a great bike, loved the 675 when I hired one in Spain, brilliant bike. A mate changed his R1 for a speed trip and loves it, wouldn't go back to the R1*

* has a track bike though as well for the added adrenaline

Reply to this Topic
tsuki32

Nov 09

tsuki32 says:

have you considered

the Sprint ST? 1050 engine and your wife won't be able to see all those annoying enginey bits! :winkie:

Reply to this Topic
v1nn1e

Jan 09

v1nn1e says:

New 1200

Whilst the 1050 engine will live on for a bit, Triumph now have a new 1200 engine.

However, it is no sports-bike engine. I guess there'll be a Speed Triple version eventually and maybe a sports-tourer/reverse naked version like the Kawasaki Z1000SX, but I guess that depends on demand.

Triumph won't ever do a litre sports bike, IMHO.

Reply to this Topic
StealthSV

Feb 08

StealthSV says:

1050 Speed Triple

You wanna get a ride on one before you too excited about it!

I did....... Dull as dishwater!!! :ph43r:

Maybe I got a duff one but I wouldn't recommend one!!

Now the SV on the other hand was grrrrrrreat!!! No rust, fur or corrosion in 3 years/15000ish miles!! Brilliant bike! :biggrin::biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
denzil z9

Apr 07

denzil z9 says:

also

got a 955i two months ago and have to admit to being well chuffed with it. Nice price to:wink:

Reply to this Topic
used2bfast

Aug 07

used2bfast says:

Not a sports bike?

Maybe your just not a sports rider:winkie:

Troll alert!

Reply to this Topic
Matt83

Jul 11

Matt83 says:

Sprint

tsuki32 has a point - get a Sprint, I have one and I love it!

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Triumph large capacity sportsbike. Nice idea but I can't see it.

A significant proportion of people buy large capacity sportsbikes based on magazine reviews. Bike magazines dwell on track ability for sportsbike such that if its not the most powerful, lightest, highest power to weight ratio, got the most electronic gizmo features etc then its an also ran. This is potentially a market that has limited rewards unless you're head and tails better than everyone else but fairly high development costs.

Why should Triumph try to compete against that (maybe that sector of the market is already saturated) when the rewards could be so low if they happen to miss the bulls eye by a small amount?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices