Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Mjollnir

Aug 08

Mjollnir says:

RIP Marco Simoncelli

A world class rider. 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 October 2011 10:28)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Jeni4

Sep 08

Jeni4 says:

Helmet design

Is there not a point when a helmet does more harm than good? i.e. is there some part of the design that means it breaks off if it's going to choke or decapitate the rider or summat?

I may be talking pish, which I do frequently, but I'm sure I read it somewhere :unsure:

Reply to this Topic
Steveyman

Jan 08

Steveyman says:

Helmets

I was fortunate to meet an accident investigator a few months ago and was very suprised some of the statistics.

It very important that a helmet fits correctly, but according to the investigator this has happened in bike racing before where a factory fitted helmet has come off even though it was attached correctly.

Interestingly in certain circumstances with certain forces the head can shrink and the helmet can come off.

I felt really bad when I saw his helmet rolling across the track, man I feel so gutted about this I don't know what to say.

How the other riders get over it and carry on with there jobs I will never know.:upset:

Reply to this Topic
mk1rob

Aug 11

mk1rob says:

Steveyman

'How the other riders get over it and carry on with there jobs I will never know.:upset:'

Yeah especially Rossi as they were close friends and he was involved in the accident. Even though theres nothing they could have done they still must feel awful. 

Reply to this Topic
smidget

Nov 07

smidget says:

I

won't post the pictures here but just say that BBC sport has a link to 'the daily mail on line' there are pictures of the sequence of the crash.

It shows in my opinion why Marco lost his helmet.

I'll leave it to personal choice for those to look at the pictures.

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

sickening accident...

what a talent lost.  I really felt for his girlfriend, sitting in the pits watching, poor lass.  Have seen those 'Mail' shots from the opposite angle, Rossi must be feeling absolutley devasted, nothing he could have done, but to happen to a good friend, wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't walk away from racing...

Reply to this Topic
stingy1

Oct 10

stingy1 says:

i was told,,,

rossi and edwards are retiring. is that true?

Reply to this Topic
vibro

Feb 04

vibro says:

marco.......

it is with a heart still heavy that i finally write,

there is nothing that can be said that will fill the huge void this young man will leave,his raw talent easy for anyone to see,endless energy,enthusiasm,and sometimes bewilderment at the detracting remarks of his peers,life is racing anything else is just waiting mqueen once said.That was the essence marco had in spades,he lighted up a dulling championship and punched well over his weight and pissed a few off....good for you kid...i will miss him immensley,god only knows how his family,friends,team mates,will cope.my deepest sympathy also to the dr and tornado,man the hurt must be huge.As for those that moaned about him and wanted him banned etc,looks like youll have to find another patsy to moan about now....ciao marco:sleep:

Reply to this Topic
Frieda

Jul 07

Frieda says:

Simoncelli's funeral.

For everyone who can or wants to attend,

the service for Marco Simoncelli will be in Coriano,

about 10 miles NW of his native town (Cattolica), near

Rimini, this Thursday morning. Screens will be placed 

in the local area for the estimated 60,000-strong crowd of visitors who may come to pay their respects.

The Bishop of Rimini will be leading the service, which will be attended only by Marco Simoncelli's family, members of the Gresini team, and other sport/administration staff.

The local town hall's flag will be flown at half-mast, and schools, offices, and other businesses will be shut as a mark of respect for the rider, who was only recently awarded the Collana d'Oro for services to Italian sport by Coni.

The service can be watched live on Rai-Sport, who have exclusive rights to the ceremony.

The article in Italian has 50+ photos of tributes left for Marco: http://www.ansa.it/web/notizie/rubriche/speciali/2011/10/23/visualizza_new.html_668752684.html

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

makes you

realise just how immense his talent really was,

R.I.P

Reply to this Topic
bigboots

Jan 10

bigboots says:

Had recorded

the race but wiped it as already heard the dreadful news. So very sad for all his family and friends. I honestly thought he would be the next 'Rossi'. Will miss his presence greatly.

Going to Valencia next week but now with a heavy heart. Not looking forward to it now.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle