Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Mjollnir

Aug 08

Mjollnir says:

RIP Marco Simoncelli

A world class rider. 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 October 2011 10:28)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
thebigpicture

Apr 11

Marco

Stunned this morning whilst watching the race, I knew immediately it was going to be bad news. I've seen many leave us in racing, I've competed and been a fan for 20+ years, never have I felt this way for a racer though. The lad was an extraordinary talent, brimming with character and a far cry of many of today's GP riders. 

I'm 100% sure he would have been champion within 2-3 years, RIP Marco, keep the cables stretched up there fella.

Reply to this Topic
KizzyShona

Oct 11

KizzyShona says:

Simoncelli

He was my absolute favourite and will be known as a man who rode with his heart. For me, motoGP won't be the same without him.

Reply to this Topic
lucyGSXR

Mar 10

lucyGSXR says:

RIP

Marco. Such a sad loss. Gone but certainly won't be forgotten. His talent and ambition to succeed will live on.

My heart goes out to his family, friends and fellow fans.

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

have you looked at the crash frame by frame

The bike does everything it should do but Marco does not seem able to respond. The video footage from behind just doesn't seem right. As he is going into the bend his body looks lifeless, It is a crash that happens time after time and yet here there seems no response in self preservation.It's non nonsensical. Has anyone had similar thoughts?

Reply to this Topic
H0DGI3

May 08

H0DGI3 says:

RIP #58

I still cant believe. 

All thoughts are with all family, friends & fans!

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

BB41

The thing about looking at it frame by frame, is that you lose all sense of perspective of speed.

He lost it, tried to hang on and save it, but unfortunately that led him across the track into the path of the others.  It looks odd to see him in that position, but really, we've all seen similar things many times before, but with different outcomes.  Had he been going across the grass hanging on the side, it would have been one of those funny out-take clips.

Thank goodness it is a rare thing to have an outcome like this.  My sympathy goes to all affected.

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

NJ

yes I fully understand what you are saying, it just seems you have to justify such a terrible outcome for what should not have been. God only knows, also a helmet coming off is not the norm either. How does that happen? It is just a rarity.

Just a terrible run of events 

Reply to this Topic
StealthSV

Feb 08

StealthSV says:

I believe

Marco had to wear a helmet one size too big due to his hair!! While this time yesterday that was a funny fact I wonder if that  contributed towards his helmet coming off?

We may never know....

Still can't believe what has happened, didn't know him and had never even nearly met him but it feels like I've lost a great friend! RIP SuperSic x

Reply to this Topic
Steveyman

Jan 08

Steveyman says:

Smidget

Yes I had thought it through, I am not saying that particular idea would work. My point is Yes these incidents do happen and only occasionaly but we shouldn't give up trying to make the sport safer. I did read later on that the organisers and riders are working on ways to make it safer.  

I haven't felt so bad before, I was at work today and on my way home I couldn't stop thinking about it, I am gutted, a very sad day for motorcycling. 

Reply to this Topic
RossyC

Jul 11

RossyC says:

helmet

with the helmet, they are the best manufactured helmets that money can buy.

even with his helmet being a size too big because of his hair, the force of rossi or edwards riding into his head would of ripped the helmet off anyway

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices