Skip to content

Discuss This Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash

Marco Simoncelli has passed away in Malaysia after crashing during the second lap of the MotoGP race at the Sepang circuit earlier today. The 24-year-old was battling with Alvaro Bautista for fourth position when he lost the front at turn 11. Following riders Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi were unable to take avoiding action and both riders collided with Simoncelli, his...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 October 2011 10:42)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bruncvik

Aug 09

bruncvik says:

Terribly sad day...

for bike racing, and one that every spectator and rider dreads. RIP Marco.

Reply to this Topic
mydogben

Aug 02

mydogben says:

RIP

Such a shame to loose a rider anytime. Marco lit up the paddock both on and off track. There's another star shining in the sky tonight. Best wishes and condolences to Marco's family and friends. Rest easy Marco

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

devastated

RIP Marco, what a loss of a tremendous talent and a real character.  will be truely missed by everyone.  thoughts and prayers with family and friends.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Very sad day

Appalling new for all Marco's family and friends. You have to also feel sorry for both Colin and Valentino too, this is something that will haunt them to the very end.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Very sad day

Appalling new for all Marco's family and friends. You have to also feel sorry for both Colin and Valentino too, this is something that will haunt them to the very end.

Reply to this Topic
bob the builder

Feb 03

So So sad to hear this terrible news.

Marco was a breath of fresh air to Moto Gp, a fantastic and exciting rider.

My condolonces to all his family and friends at this time.

R.I.P. Marco you will be missed by us all.

Reply to this Topic
mikesandiford93

Oct 11

cannot believe what has happened its absolutly tragic, 2 deaths in motorsport in a week!

He was a great talent and will be missed

Knew it was a bad one when you saw him lying on the floor with his helmet no way near him! The Fans will regret booing when they found out the race was cancelled although they could have been informed.

Great loss R.I.P Marco #58

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Marco

What a character to lose , my heart went out to his girlfriend watching in the pit .And Colin must be distraught , very very sad, a great loss to MotoGP .When we are arguing who's best I hope we remember these lads - and lads is what most of them are - can lose their lives at any time for our entertainment .

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
BishopR6

Jun 10

BishopR6 says:

Deeply saddened

For marco, his family, and for everyone in the paddock and his countless fans out there. You will always be remembered. I'm still in shock over how quickly it all happened and how so quickly he has left this world. Rest in peace SUPERSIC.... Rest in peace...

Reply to this Topic
gixerned

Mar 09

gixerned says:

the guy was amazing, proper racer and great character. my thoughts are with those who were close to him. r.i.p  marco.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices