Skip to content

Discuss This Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash

Marco Simoncelli has passed away in Malaysia after crashing during the second lap of the MotoGP race at the Sepang circuit earlier today. The 24-year-old was battling with Alvaro Bautista for fourth position when he lost the front at turn 11. Following riders Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi were unable to take avoiding action and both riders collided with Simoncelli, his...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (23 October 2011 10:42)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ginganz13

Nov 09

ginganz13 says:

Very Sad

Gutted

Reply to this Topic
frisky

Feb 08

frisky says:

With a heavy heart

my condolances go out to Marco's family and friends. I feel such sorrow today.

R.I.P Marco 'Super Sic' #58 - a huge gap left in the grid:upset:

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Sad.

For Fausto the team manager for the Gresini team first it was Katoh in 2003 who lost his life know Simo as well this is a cruel sport my thoughts go out to his family at this sad time I reckon the test 1000cc test tommorow should be postponed as a result of what happened today.

Reply to this Topic
Jun 06

alter says:

gobsmacked , he lived fast and died young but in real life its not as cool.

Reply to this Topic
pacman46

Mar 11

pacman46 says:

just see the video again didnt realise Rossi rode over him aswell. what a sad day realy cant believe what has happened really feel for Edwards and Rossi being friends of Marco. and also his friends and family RIP Marco Future Moto GP Champion!

Reply to this Topic
stevemcbill

Oct 11

stevemcbill says:

A sad day indeed - Marco was an exciting rider to watch on the circuits.  He will be missed.  My concolences to his family and loved ones.

Reply to this Topic
nc30nutter

Sep 04

nc30nutter says:

Tragic

I am absolutely gutted by the news.  I feared the worse after seeing the accident on TV. 

Marco was one of the characters that MotoGP needed and things aren't going to be the same.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.  My thoughts are also with Valentino who must be going through hell right now as he inadvertedly bought an end to his very close friends life.  I can't see him carrying on after this.

R.I.P #58.  Sadly gone but not to be forgotten.

Reply to this Topic
bird1050

Nov 07

bird1050 says:

RIP MARCO

I was on a high after watching Newzeland beat france,Then got a phone call of my son to say marco had been killed in an accident at the gp.

Couldnt believe what i saw when i watch the race. a very sad loss for his family the sport and the fans.

I feel for Collin edwards and Valentiono Rossi, they must be feeling like shit

RIP MARCO.

Reply to this Topic
Matt240365

Oct 11

Matt240365 says:

Absolutely tragic news. Marco was learning his trade at the top level in the same way that Lorenzo did a few years ago and I was convinced he would be world champion one day. My thoughts go out to his family and friends and all those in the MOTO GP paddock and family who knew him. Best wishes to Colin Edwards too. Must be incredibly difficult for both him and Rossi but it looks one of those incredibly unfortunate and unique racing incidents.   

Reply to this Topic
weasel64

Mar 07

weasel64 says:

R.I.P - supersic

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool