Skip to content

Discuss This Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash

Marco Simoncelli has passed away in Malaysia after crashing during the second lap of the MotoGP race at the Sepang circuit earlier today. The 24-year-old was battling with Alvaro Bautista for fourth position when he lost the front at turn 11. Following riders Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi were unable to take avoiding action and both riders collided with Simoncelli, his...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 October 2011 10:42)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
robmclean71

Oct 05

robmclean71 says:

RIP Simo

Just heard the news. RIP Simo, a proper racer and a great character. He'll be sadly missed.

Reply to this Topic
ThePhantom

Mar 09

ThePhantom says:

rip

brutal crash r.i.p marco,been watching bike racing since 93 and just had a feeling it would all end in tears at some point for marco,he had the speed no doubt...but did he have the maturity...sad day.

Reply to this Topic
bigshow6969

Aug 08

bigshow6969 says:

God bless you Marco

What can I say. You are an absolute legend; a one-off character & pure racer. Still can't believe this has happened. I was fearing the worst but praying for the best - sadly it wasn't to be. My thoughts & prayers are with all family & friends. What a loss. I'm sure you'll never be forgotten. RIP Marco

Reply to this Topic
jonascooper

May 03

jonascooper says:

Marco

Absolutely gutted :-(

Reply to this Topic
veronicaisl

Aug 11

veronicaisl says:

RIP MARCO.

Rest in Peace Marco...huhuhu...:(

Reply to this Topic
toadhancocks

Oct 10

toadhancocks says:

really sad, completely gutted. such a strong and exciting talent, he shook the core of motogp with his style and no holes barred overtakes. I wanted to see him on the top step of the podium, what could have been.... RIP

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

What a loss.  What a sad day. A great character either on or off the bike. Thoughts to his family, loved ones and also Colin.

RIP Simo bud.

Reply to this Topic
Flying Dutchman

Jun 07

RIP Super Sic

Such a sad loss to his family and motorsport. Marco you will be missed by many, your total commitment to racing at the hightest level our sport was an example for all to follow. Marcos' personality and racecraft outshone many in the world of motorcycle racing. A great racere who will be missed by all. RIP MARCO

Reply to this Topic
2vforeva

Sep 11

2vforeva says:

RIP MARCO

Another sad day for our great sport. Another great rider taken before his prime.

Marco was brought undo like Lorenzo last week by traction control. He should have highsided but gets thrown to the inside of the bike and rides it to impact. In Lorenzos case the ground and in Marcos case into the path of poor Colin and Rossi.

RIP Marco. Ride hard mate, no more drive through penalties for you!

Reply to this Topic
bestd955

Feb 05

bestd955 says:

tragic

Unbelievable, the rider of the year for me, and it all ends in such a tragic manner. R.I.P

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices