Skip to content

Discuss This Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash

Marco Simoncelli has passed away in Malaysia after crashing during the second lap of the MotoGP race at the Sepang circuit earlier today. The 24-year-old was battling with Alvaro Bautista for fourth position when he lost the front at turn 11. Following riders Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi were unable to take avoiding action and both riders collided with Simoncelli, his...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 October 2011 10:42)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bonecrusher02

Feb 08

Very sad day for motorsport ,Marco was a character ,an individual and not one of the MotoGP circus drones.He would have without doubt elevated to Moto GPworld champion one day ,had fate not been so cruel.This is when we realise how dangerous a sport it is and how masterful at their craft these riders are to get less than a second separating the top ten of the grid on a two minute lap and ride consistantly within thousands of a second for lap after lap.RIP Marco ,you will be sadly missed by so many .Condolances to his family and friends ,im sure this has hit V. Rossi very hard ,they were close friends.

Reply to this Topic
bonecrusher02

Feb 08

Marco Simoncelli

Very sad day for motorsport ,Marco was a character ,an individual and not one of the MotoGP circus drones.He would have without doubt elevated to Moto GPworld champion one day ,had fate not been so cruel.This is when we realise how dangerous a sport it is and how masterful at their craft these riders are to get less than a second separating the top ten of the grid on a two minute lap and ride consistantly within thousands of a second for lap after lap.RIP Marco ,you will be sadly missed by so many .Condolances to his family and friends ,im sure this has hit V. Rossi very hard ,they were close friends.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

RIP Marco Simoncelli

I watched it live and knew it was serious when I saw the helmet come to rest. I then watched it over and over and realised no-one would survive such an impact. A very strange incident when seen in full and not something you could prepare or legislate for. It was good to see Dorna getting their priorities sorted by cancellng the race which I think was the right decision. A very sad day for MotoGP and motorcycle racing. This incident is going to have a huge impact on our sport I suspect and I only hope it's for the right reasons.

My thoughts and condolences are with Marco's family, Team Gresini, CE111 and VR46

Reply to this Topic
Dan09

Jul 09

Dan09 says:

RIP Simo...

One more RIP. nothing more to say, Very sad news.

Reply to this Topic
NAVMEIST3R

Oct 11

NAVMEIST3R says:

R.I.P Marco

My sincere condolences go out to the family and friends of Marco, such a horrible accident a great rider passed today

Reply to this Topic
NAVMEIST3R

Oct 11

NAVMEIST3R says:

R.I.P Marco

My sincere condolences go out to the family and friends of Marco, such a horrible accident a great rider passed today

Reply to this Topic
pacman46

Mar 11

pacman46 says:

just see the video again didnt realise Rossi rode over him aswell. what a sad day realy cant believe what has happened really feel for Edwards and Rossi being friends of Marco. and also his friends and family RIP Marco Future Moto GP Champion!

Reply to this Topic
Telboye1

Jun 08

Telboye1 says:

robmclean71

I had a similar thought, it appears to be common knowledge that he needed a bigger helmet to contain his hair and I wonder if this was a contributing factor in it comming off? I still feel completely shell shocked, I can only imagine how anyone close to him feels at this moment.  My heart goes out to them all. R.I.P Marco

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
leecho

May 09

leecho says:

marco

R.I.P very sad day, you were a pleasure to watch, dont no how vr must be feeling, motogp will not be the same again.

Reply to this Topic
zedman1

Oct 11

zedman1 says:

RIP Marco a very talented rider you will be missed

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle