Skip to content

Discuss This Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash

Marco Simoncelli has passed away in Malaysia after crashing during the second lap of the MotoGP race at the Sepang circuit earlier today. The 24-year-old was battling with Alvaro Bautista for fourth position when he lost the front at turn 11. Following riders Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi were unable to take avoiding action and both riders collided with Simoncelli, his...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 October 2011 10:42)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
davetahiti

Jul 11

davetahiti says:

RIP Marco

Marco was destined to be a Moto GP champ,he was one of those special riders who gets you standing up to watch.It's a very sad day for any one who enjoys racing.His Helmet did not come off in the crash but split in two from the impact of the collisions which where unavoidable,but maybe we should consider not following F1 technology in developing Moto GP bikes as despite traction control etc they still create massive get offs that don't seem to occur in Superbikes,pushing tyre tech to the limits is tough on riders.Like everyone else today my thought are with His Family & Friends.Marco was a true Champion.

Reply to this Topic
yammy7r

Apr 09

yammy7r says:

Very sad

RIP Super Sic you will be missed

Reply to this Topic
snailblazer

Jan 04

snailblazer says:

RIP Super Sic

You lit up MotoGP

Reply to this Topic
Mort77

Mar 09

Mort77 says:

RIP Supersic

I'm devastated. My thoughts and prayers are with Marco's family, loved ones and Colin and Vale at this time. I feel a deep emptiness in my heart. The world has lost a bright light and our beloved sport a true gladiator.

Reply to this Topic
gixertam

Aug 07

gixertam says:

RIP #58

Sad to loose such a star and character, a massive loss to everyone. Felt so sad to watch his Father and girl friend watching it trackside.

Motogp will not be the same without you.

Also feel so sad for Colin and Vale as they were friends and surely must be feeling it.

Reply to this Topic
RossiDukeBiker46

Jul 10

Nothing but respect for Marco, RIP...

Marco was one of the great characters and personalities in racing. Having supported him and witnessed the respect his fans had for him at Misano this year it truly saddened us to hear the news after what was a freak accident. Motogp will be hollow and empty without him. Rest in piece #58.

Reply to this Topic
bryfor59

Feb 09

bryfor59 says:

RIP Marco

What a sad sad loss, such a mega talent and such a likeable character, was sure he would have been a major player next season, Tragic!!!!!!!!!!!!!, My thoughts to his family

Reply to this Topic
Ben52

Sep 09

Ben52 says:

R I P Marco

The world and Motogp and  has lost a great personality, condolences to his family and friends and also to Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi.

Reply to this Topic
LEV42

Nov 06

LEV42 says:

58# Simoncelli

A true GP rider.....fast loose and such a talent my condolences to his family & friends.....a sad day for motorcycle racing and all involved....R.I.P MARCO

Reply to this Topic
Zoggthefantastic

Sep 11

Ride in Peace

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool