Skip to content

Discuss This Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash

Marco Simoncelli has passed away in Malaysia after crashing during the second lap of the MotoGP race at the Sepang circuit earlier today. The 24-year-old was battling with Alvaro Bautista for fourth position when he lost the front at turn 11. Following riders Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi were unable to take avoiding action and both riders collided with Simoncelli, his...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (23 October 2011 10:42)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
00eking

Sep 11

00eking says:

Marco was future legend

RIP in marco great racer Very bad circumstances

Reply to this Topic
j6dnp

Nov 09

j6dnp says:

Marco

Our thoughts r with your family at this time, R I P.

Reply to this Topic
tecknofuel

Nov 04

tecknofuel says:

Absolutely gutted still can't believe it, Marco was future star of MotoGP he had made it exciting to watch. Marco you will be missed

Reply to this Topic
tripletrouble675

Oct 11

RIP 58

Saw this unfold out live and got that sinking feeling immediately... my heart goes out to his family and friends, the Gresini team and obviously Edwards and Rossi for being involved in this freak racing accident without much chance to do anything about it. Dorna did the correct thing in cancelling the race - testing should now surely wait until Marco can be put to rest and the riders have a chance to come to terms with what's happened.

Super Sic  - you'll long live in my memory for lots of things, but you were one of the main reasons I'd turn on the box 1st thing in the morning/late evening as you always seemed to provide for plenty of swashbuckling and hair raising moments on the race track and plenty of amusing, but realistic quotes off it. I'll remember fondly your 250GP seasons in 2008 and 2009 battling with Bautista and Aoyama especially, your cameo appearance in SBK (finishing 2nd from memory on the Aprillia at Imola, in the year Spies dominated and before Aprillia were dominant) and of course for plenty of thills in this, your last season. True talent, character, performer and a gent. Justifiably a fan's favourite as he seemed like he could easily have been one of us, out for a ride on a Sunday afternoon, albeit with a 800 GP bike...

Ride in peace.

Reply to this Topic
dkbunny

Nov 10

dkbunny says:

LOSS OF A FUTURE LEGEND

He was by far one of the best talents out there just what Moto GP needed . A colourful big bubbly character who will be sadly missed .Bye Marco .

Reply to this Topic
brianjthomas

Oct 03

brianjthomas says:

A sad day

RIP to a real racer. Our thoughts are with his family and loved ones.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

I am not a very emotional person, but i creid right after when i saw his girlfriend Kate crying. She must have felt it right away. I am going to Valencia in 2 weeks, tickets for the plane and tickets to the event are in house. Now i couldn't care less. I was going there to see Supersic go at it and Marc Marquez take the Moto 2 title. I jus't can't believe it. Together with Nori Haga, my absolute favorite rider. RIP Marco nr 58 for ever.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

This sport really sucks sometimes

I have been critical of Simoncelli's ambivalent approach to others safety on track in the past, but this occurrence is terribly tragic for all concerned and not deserved in the least. As racers we all know the freakish accident can occur and the ultimate price be paid. But this thought is never in your head as you grid up. The thrill of the race is greater than that.

Simoncelli just seemed to be getting to grips with the class too. His ride last weekend at Philip Island was fabulous and very mature. I shall remember him for this as much as anything. He was going to be a serious contender 2012 no doubt.

Marco was a larger than life character and undoubtedly will be missed by the entire paddock.

The decision to call the race off was certainly the right one. I doubt a single rider would have gridded up anyway had they tried to run it. Impossible to race in that headspace. Testing - it might sound callous to some, but the show will go on. Up to the riders if they feel up to it or not.

I do want to know how his hat came off. Do AGV's have clips (I suspect) or double D-rings which are the only system I'd ever use. Perhaps the force simply ripped the whole strapping from the shell.

Bloody awful day.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
rogerreno

Sep 08

rogerreno says:

Future Champion without a doubt

Still in a state of shock after today's events, its devastating that such a seemingly fearless rider that had such a bright future ahead has been taken away from us before we had the chance to see him shine. He was a breath of fresh air to the Moto GP circus with his 'Sideshow Bob' hair and wild 'no holds barred' riding style, that maybe got him into a few awkward situations but was never afraid to bash fairings with anyone that got in his way and I honestly think its going to be a gloomy place without him. My thoughts are with his friends and family at this sad time, as well as Colin and Vale, there was nothing you could have done to avoid it. Always in our hearts, RIP Marco #58 you will be sadly missed by everyone.

Reply to this Topic
adam15holden

Aug 11

adam15holden says:

RIP Champion

We are lesser for having lost you and you will be missed.

You went out the only way you know how, giving it everything.

Goodbye mate.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices