Skip to content

Discuss This Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash

Marco Simoncelli has passed away in Malaysia after crashing during the second lap of the MotoGP race at the Sepang circuit earlier today. The 24-year-old was battling with Alvaro Bautista for fourth position when he lost the front at turn 11. Following riders Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi were unable to take avoiding action and both riders collided with Simoncelli, his...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 October 2011 10:42)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
cookstown

Mar 09

cookstown says:

a great rider

am so sad to hear of the death of marco my thoughts and prayers go out to all his family and friends,he was like a breath of fresh air to the moto gps.he was a real brave rider he could race with the top men they did not scare him.he would have been a future world champion that is for sure.RIP MARCO you will be sadly missed.

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

Farewell big guy...

Still can't believe this. A sad loss. RIP Marco...

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

Heartbroken

After the news on the big lad I feel empty, I feel that motogp won't be the same for a few years. RIP and respect for the way you lived your life.

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

R.I.P 58

Sad day indeed. Marco was a great talent, hard racer and big personality. The grid will be a duller place without him. We have lost a future legend. My thoughts go out to his family and friends who have lost a loved one.

Reply to this Topic
chris313nt

May 08

chris313nt says:

RIP MARCO #58

Its so sad to see another great world champion lost doing what they love...a terrible loss not only to his family & friends but to the sport of moto gp...rest well 'Marco the great 58'... we'll all miss your talented & fearless riding style... RIP Marco...gone too soon...

Reply to this Topic
kevinschwantz

Sep 10

Marco

A true legend. You will never be forgotten.

Reply to this Topic
spiller1000

Sep 09

spiller1000 says:

shocked

i genuinly thought this was a joke , took a while to sink in .. just watched the crash on yt  ,, not nice ,, one of the brightest stars  that shone.. greatly  missed. 

Reply to this Topic
pmort

Oct 11

pmort says:

great lose

only just started watching moto gp and i had Marco on my mcn fantasy team. Loved his flair style and personality he will be greatly missed.

Reply to this Topic
Shunty

Jul 11

Shunty says:

Marco 58

Absolute tragedy! Marco had shown more maturity with  more controlled aggression in his last few races and looked to be continuing in this race until....... He came across as a really loveable character in his interviews, we all felt we knew him somehow. He survived, with dignity, the unnecessary criticism from some of his contempories (who all went through a 'crazy' period in their own careers). He was a definate contender for next year's challenge having seemingly got through his crashing stage and learning his craft with the GP bikes. How will this affect Vale and Colin? given the relationships between these riders it would come as no surprise if they both called it a day - and who could blame them?

Shine on you Crazy Diamond

Reply to this Topic
Mikeyy

Oct 10

Mikeyy says:

R.I.P Marco

Did'nt watch the race myself but watching replays i felt sick seeing his helmet come off, Marco was easily dead at impact. Feel very sorry for Edwards and Rossi both had huge respect for Marco and Rossi a very close friend. I could easily see both of them sitting out the last race or even retiring after that. Its a massive hit to the sport of 2 wheels not just Motogp i expect some big decisions to be made for Motogp next year on saftey of the riders lets hope its for the better as theres been two very young talented riders killed in the last 2 years.

My thoughts are with Marco's friends and family.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices