Skip to content

Discuss This Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash

Marco Simoncelli has passed away in Malaysia after crashing during the second lap of the MotoGP race at the Sepang circuit earlier today. The 24-year-old was battling with Alvaro Bautista for fourth position when he lost the front at turn 11. Following riders Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi were unable to take avoiding action and both riders collided with Simoncelli, his...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 October 2011 10:42)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DucatiMatty1974

Apr 11

RIP Marco

A shining star and fantastic tallent, you will be greatly missed on the grid Sideshow Bob. Thoughts go out to to Colin Edwards as well.

Reply to this Topic
RogerRSV

Jul 09

RogerRSV says:

Marco.

Flair, ability and charisma by the bucket load - his smiling face and 'very hapeee' interviews were a joy to behold.

God bless you Marco with love to your family, girlfriend, team, Colin and Vale.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

a big loss to motogp

A Tragedy and a sad loss to moto gp,He had caused controversy and had added real spice to the class.It seemed he had just started to come into "his time "in moto gp and next year looked like he could go on to better things,all thoughts go to his family and those close to him they have lost a real character and motogp has lost a a true challenger and talent,

Reply to this Topic
Coyote88

Oct 09

Coyote88 says:

A real character

has been lost, totally gutted. A very sad day.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

TEARS ARE NO SHAME TODAY

after seeing the crash and watching the reports and moto gp race direction and doctors explanations, their reactions where enough to put a tear in my eye for them, colin is sedated and collerbone re-located but im sure him and vale will not want to race after this, parrish predicts rossi wont ride on as they where very close. iv never felt this sick from watching the sport i dearly love until today, i cant explain how sorry i feel for his family and close friends, and all of us that banter on this forum, we all have to agree here this is not what we wanted to post on, rip marco, you made this season worth watching.terrible end to the season.rest in peace.

Reply to this Topic
sack1

Aug 02

sack1 says:

R.I.P. Marco

So horribly sad. He was a rising star. God bless his family and loved ones, the sport has taken a big hit.

Reply to this Topic
yellowjonboy

Mar 06

yellowjonboy says:

marco

despite comments by certain people in the past you can only say what a very sad day it is for moto gp,my heart goes out to marco`s family and to Vale and colin,how will it effect them?,marco to me was a true racing man like a senna,as he said when you stop pushing and going for gaps you are no longer a racer,he was just starting to show he`s flair and would have one day been moto gp champion,he will be sadly missed RIP..........

Reply to this Topic
TheCriticalMass

Jan 09

Marco RIP

You woke them all up with your brave riding and made them remember why they race. It's a dangerous game and you have paid the ultimate price. You have earned your place in the hall of fame. Our thoughts go out to your family and friends.

Reply to this Topic
SeaDweller

Oct 10

SeaDweller says:

R.I.P. #58 Marco Simoncelli

I watched the sickening crash this morning, wished I hadn't. RIP Marco you were a true GP legend. I won't be surprised if Rossi calls it a day after this. As a tribute to his pal I think it be fitting if Rossi could ride the #58 Gresini at Valencia and wring it's neck for Marco. Stick it on the top step and then walk away. I know it won't happen but....

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

R I P Marco

Deepest thoughts to all his family and friends, a terrible day for all of us.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices