Skip to content

Discuss This Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash

Marco Simoncelli has passed away in Malaysia after crashing during the second lap of the MotoGP race at the Sepang circuit earlier today. The 24-year-old was battling with Alvaro Bautista for fourth position when he lost the front at turn 11. Following riders Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi were unable to take avoiding action and both riders collided with Simoncelli, his...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 October 2011 10:42)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Rossifan4life

Oct 11

R.I.P. Sic

Truly a tragic day. R.I.P. Marco, MotoGP lost a great person and a rider. Condolences to your friends and family.

Reply to this Topic
GROWLER

Aug 02

GROWLER says:

Tears of sadness

R.I.P  Marco.

Im lost for words   a  sad loss .

Reply to this Topic
1batfink

May 08

1batfink says:

RIP Marco Simoncelli

Our thought are with the family, friends and team. Such a sad loss. You will never be forgotten.

Reply to this Topic
street3r

Sep 10

street3r says:

RIP

A very sad loss for his family and to motor sport. He was an exciting rider to watch. He took risks and went for it. He'd have been a champion for sure.

I was watching the race this morning and had a bad feeling when I saw his helmet was off.

RIP.

I like the idea SeaDweller. But you're probably right, it won't happen.

Reply to this Topic
remstein

Jul 07

remstein says:

Marco R.IP

A tragic loss and a sad sad day my thoughts are with marco's family and friends

Reply to this Topic
moany100

Apr 11

moany100 says:

a tragic loss to motor gp i know they all accept this as part of the sport but it never gets any easier hope edwards and rossi are ok it was such a strange incident and they could not have avoided him, the gresini team have been through this before with kato so i sincerely hope they are all ok  my condolence's to marco's family and friends can't comprehend how they must feel goodbye mr marco simoncelli you wont be forgotton

Reply to this Topic
NoisyNeighbour

Sep 11

I couldn't believe

What I heard, couldn't watch live so recorded it. Heard that he was in the medical centre and the wife knew instantly. I was literally in shock as I read out the statement to her. Still can't believe it. RIP Simoncelli. You will be missed, thoughts to his family and friends.

Reply to this Topic
RiddenPony

Feb 05

RiddenPony says:

A sad day

You can follow a racer for years, supporting them and taking pleasure in their achievements, even sharing in their on-track sadnesses and frustrations; but it takes an event like this to make you realise just how much you invest of yourself emotionally in these colourful, masterful, even genius, characters. And Marco was certainly one of the most colourful and masterful. He lent motogp an unpredictability and an excitement that will be much missed now; but more so, he was a very fast, very talented rider. 
This season has seen some fantastic on-track  battles, notably between he and Andrea Dovizioso, and these are what I'll be remembering him most for.
My most heartfelt sympathies go to his friends, family, and team. I know that Colin Edwards was also involved in the incident, and to him I say, rest up and come back fighting next season. You're a racer, and no one, least of all Super Sic, would want to see that change.

Reply to this Topic
Chris14

Mar 09

Chris14 says:

R.I.P #58

R.I.P Marco.
You were a true talent and an almost guarenteed future champion, plus the natural successor to Rossi's media legacy. You weren't afraid to upset the status quo, and always rode how you felt right. (usually elbows and hair waving and flapping). You reminded everyone of us why we love this sport. And you went out doing something you loved. For those reasons you have my greatest respect.

This will either make or break Rossi. He'll either retire as this event proves to much for him to bear (and lets be honest no-one would blame you for that, and there would be no shame).
Or Rossi will come back fighting, kicking, bucking and weaving in a tribute to his close friend, and I dare say, dedicate any future wins to Marco.

Reply to this Topic
EDias

Apr 11

EDias says:

SuperSic R.I.P.

A tragic loss!

I also like the SeaDweller's idea.

But you're right, it won't happen...

R.I.P. Marco!

EDias

Reply to this Topic

Page