Skip to content

Discuss This Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash

Marco Simoncelli has passed away in Malaysia after crashing during the second lap of the MotoGP race at the Sepang circuit earlier today. The 24-year-old was battling with Alvaro Bautista for fourth position when he lost the front at turn 11. Following riders Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi were unable to take avoiding action and both riders collided with Simoncelli, his...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 October 2011 10:42)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
oldmanvmax

Oct 11

oldmanvmax says:

Marco

Got up early to watch race. When Marco went down and saw impact from Colin and Val, then Marco's face as his body slid, knew he was gone. He had heart and passion, something too many don't. 

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

no words

there are no words to describe the loss that we all feel when we lose someone from our world, cant imagine how his family and friends feel :( RIP #58 the world has lost a true rising star....

Reply to this Topic
nemorides

Oct 11

nemorides says:

Marco

We are in shock, we are completely bereft. Marco, you were the absolute star of the pack this year. So exciting, so talented, so completely and utterly fast. We were right behind you and looking forward to seeing you hit that top step time and time again down the years. We have lost a true star today and our hearts go out to his family, friends and colleagues. Vale and Colin - we have been fans for a lifetime - the collision was unavoidable and we just hope they will both be back, riding in Marco's memory very soon and doing him proud. It's what he would have wanted we think. RIP Marco - we won't forget you.

Reply to this Topic
cthwaites

Aug 02

cthwaites says:

Not much to add except very sad... I still can't understand what happened...both Edwards and Rossi must be distraught.

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Simoncelli

A bright light extinguished far to early.  RIP Marco.   

Reply to this Topic
A7X_916

Aug 08

A7X_916 says:

RIP Marco

Rest in Peace Marco. The reaction, comments and love shown across the globe on learning of your untimely passing is a testament to your character not only as a racer but as a wonderful human being. Nothing can ever take that away like you have been from us. While I am not a religious person, I wish that wherever you now are, may your corners and straights be forever twisty and fast. The world is a better place for having watched you race and for that, I know you will never be forgotten. My condolences and heartfelt thoughts to of Marco's family, friends and partner plus the whole Gresini team along with the whole MotoGp paddock suffering the loose of one of their own. RIP Marco#58

Reply to this Topic
remstein

Jul 07

remstein says:

Blessed are the young for they will tread where others dare not

god bless you Marco R.I.P

Reply to this Topic
sevenheaven

Mar 03

sevenheaven says:

Devastated

I remember him at the Day of Champions at Silverstone earlier this year. He easily got the biggest cheer of all the riders (even Rossi I think) when he walked on stage. The British public loved his aggressive riding style and he certainly mixed it up in the paddock....he will be sadly missed.

5 + 8 = 13 and unfortunately it was his unlucky day today. RIP

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

SO SORRY

Not only was Marco one of the best riders in the world. He also had one thing that some people dont have and that is charisma. He will be missed by all R.I.P Marco  

Reply to this Topic
LaughingGas

Oct 08

LaughingGas says:

Marco had made it. So hard to stomach.Poor guy. R.I.P

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle