Skip to content

Discuss This Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash

Marco Simoncelli has passed away in Malaysia after crashing during the second lap of the MotoGP race at the Sepang circuit earlier today. The 24-year-old was battling with Alvaro Bautista for fourth position when he lost the front at turn 11. Following riders Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi were unable to take avoiding action and both riders collided with Simoncelli, his...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (23 October 2011 10:42)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
thegogg

Feb 10

thegogg says:

god bless marco

BIG HAIR, BIG PERSONALITY ,BIG TALENT, MASSIVE LOSS, WE GONNA MISS YOU MARCO. ALL OUR LOVE AND BEST WISHES TO HIS FRIENDS AND FAMILY.

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

RIP Marco

One of my boys pretends to Casey Stoner on his bicycle, the other pretends to be Marco Simoncelli.  Neither believed me when I told them the sad news, and when I put them to bed one asked, "Dad, are you joking?"

This tragedy just breaks my heart.

RIP Super Sic.  You probably didn't even realise how much you touched us all.

Reply to this Topic
garyjeanna

Oct 11

garyjeanna says:

RIP Marco

we cant believe it, been in shock all day , the world has lost a bright star, with a great  talent and personality our thoughts go out to his famliy, girl friend  and  friends

Reply to this Topic
Rossco79

Oct 11

Rossco79 says:

Sad Day, Sad Loss

Today, the world lost a great person, the MotoGP Padock also lost a hugely talented rider, my thoughts and sympathies are with Marco's family and friends, he rode in his unique style that made him hugely popular with the MotoGP fans, myself amongst those, until the sport he loved so much, took him so early.  Ride In Peace Marco, you will live on in the hearts of your fans

Reply to this Topic
loatmead

Sep 10

loatmead says:

So so sad

So very sad to see such a great racer loose his life.He bought a breath of fresh air to the sport.When i saw it happen i could not believe my eyes and then to hear within 30 mins that he had lost his life, well i have no shame in saying that i shed a tear. You will be missed big time Marco, RIP you will always be in our thoughts.

Reply to this Topic
rikinik

Aug 02

rikinik says:

Marco Simoncelli

Tragic death of a superbly talented rider. He has left a legacy of some truly exceptional racing and demonstration of skill and natural ability which we have all enjoyed and for the loss of which we are all poorer. His passion, self belief, vivacity and the living of every moment serve and enjoyment of life serve as inspiration to us all of how we should aspire to be in this world. Rest In Peace Simmo

Reply to this Topic
fireblade33uk

Aug 02

RIP

A great loss for the courage, character, skill and personality he would have brought to the Moto GP world. Saddest of all for his family and loved ones, all thoughts with them. A wonderful person so full of life and the responses received to this tragic event just go to show how much he was loved. A sad day RIP Simo!

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

Very sad, like everyone else on here, iv been in shock all day, so gutted about this, thoughts go out to his friends and family, motogp is missing one of it's most charismatic stars, real shame. I agree with loatmeed i feel very saddened by this, he really shall be missed

Reply to this Topic
fastfreddie11

Oct 11

marco simonccelli

very sad news today a very big character in the world of racing he was a furture star and champion

he will be sadly missed and my sympathy goes to all his family and friends R.I.P Marco

Reply to this Topic
gixerkeith

Mar 07

gixerkeith says:

A very sad day

Marco graced us with his own unique and swashbuckling style, he may have ruffled some established feathers within the moto gp paddock but he did it his way.  He had talent in abundance and showed that he was destined for the top spot of the podium.  In this most saddest of times our thoughts must be towards his family and friends, he shone so brightly but that light is no more.  RIP Marco #58 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices