Skip to content

Discuss This Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash

Marco Simoncelli has passed away in Malaysia after crashing during the second lap of the MotoGP race at the Sepang circuit earlier today. The 24-year-old was battling with Alvaro Bautista for fourth position when he lost the front at turn 11. Following riders Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi were unable to take avoiding action and both riders collided with Simoncelli, his...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 October 2011 10:42)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
hullkr

Aug 11

hullkr says:

Very sad news on Simoncelli, was a future world champ in the making of the premier class. All our thoughts go out to his family and friends. R.I.P  Marco

Reply to this Topic
crookster123

Oct 11

crookster123 says:

sad sad day

truly missed, a rising star only een following gp for a couple of years but it feels parts of my family im distraught my wishes go out to everybody involved today and family just hope colin and vale get support they need to ride on if only for simo...r..i..p.. simo............ 

Reply to this Topic
linf1200

Aug 02

linf1200 says:

marco

God bless Marco,R.I.P.

Reply to this Topic
morph973

Nov 08

morph973 says:

Sad Day

Marco, you will be missed. A real star shines in the heavens tonight...

Reply to this Topic
julielou2

Feb 10

julielou2 says:

So saddened - RIP Marco

Am shocked and so very upset to have witnessed the crash today and wanted to offer condolences for Marco's family, friends and close ones.  MotoGP and its fans have lost a vivacious, talented and likeable young man who had it all in front of him.  I have lost one of my two favourites.  It won't be the same without him.  Thoughts with his family and girlfriend.  RIP Marco.

Reply to this Topic
caniborrowcaseyswife

Mar 11

marco

still cant believe it, so sad.....rip simmo

Reply to this Topic
jdkwak

Apr 11

jdkwak says:

Ciao Marco

Gutted,

He added a spark MGP needed, he had a raw unpredictable riding style and one that you had to watch, entertaining and there was nobody like him..........for me he made MGP worth watching, not like some of the factory robots.......RIP Marco and condolences to his family........you will be sadly missed.

Reply to this Topic
Unbreakable

Feb 11

Unbreakable says:

Super Sad

Exciting rider to watch, and seemed to be a good guy to boot. Also tragic that it was at the hands of one of his friends Valentino Rossi and Colin Edwards. There was nothing they could do, the whole thing was bad, bad luck. MS, was on the verge of being really great in MotoGP. RIP.

Reply to this Topic
jaywalk

Oct 05

jaywalk says:

Curly ball of fun.

Unlike the robots in motogp today you were a charasmatic ball of curly fun who rode like a champ (250cc world champion twice) when i first saw you race i thought this is the man who will keep the life in the top flight of racing after rossi has gone.you would have gone on to greatness to equal the likes of hailwood,agostini and sheene, all great fun but most of all fantastic racers. R.I.P. Marco

Reply to this Topic
stormrider66

Jul 08

stormrider66 says:

Marco R.I.P

A sad loss to MotoGP, Marco R.I.P. You where a future champion, you where full of fun, unlike most of the riders in the class today.

My heart also goes out to Colin Edwards and Rossi, they must be going through hell right now. I hope Rossi can come through it after the loss of his mate.

I am alos disgusted with the spectators at the track. When they annoynced the race was cancelled they behaved like idiots, shouting and throwing items on the track, what where they thinking, when a race is cancelled its for a reason a major reason.

My thoughts go out to the family, friends and everyone involved around the team.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle