Skip to content

Discuss This Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash

Marco Simoncelli has passed away in Malaysia after crashing during the second lap of the MotoGP race at the Sepang circuit earlier today. The 24-year-old was battling with Alvaro Bautista for fourth position when he lost the front at turn 11. Following riders Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi were unable to take avoiding action and both riders collided with Simoncelli, his...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 October 2011 10:42)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ACEEDSTORM

Oct 10

ACEEDSTORM says:

I'm so gutted at the passing away of Marco.I started following his career when he was in the 250's,his skill,bravery & outrageous overtakes made him a firm favourite for me & for millions of racing fans around the world & i'm certain he would go on to be a Moto GP champion.His death is a massive loss to the sport & motorcyclists everywhere.RIP Marco,you may be gone but you'll never be forgotten.

Reply to this Topic
giancola

Sep 03

giancola says:

58 forever

Marco, another motogp champion that will unfortunately never be.... God bless another lost talent not to have shown his true potential.... We will all miss this great talented rider.... My condolences to his family, girlfriend, friends and team mates.... Rest In Peace Marco.... Now you have the greatest seat of all in the years that follow.

Reply to this Topic
rudemugs

Mar 10

rudemugs says:

Legend

Marco was a legend, put the personality back into MotoGP. Gutted to lose his talent and personality from the world of motorcycling. Rest In Peace Marco.

Chris

Reply to this Topic
CheesyGoat

May 07

CheesyGoat says:

Gutted

I was gutted when I heard the news, Marco has made this season for me, he bought back an interest in MotoGP that I felt had been lost for a while. My heart goes out to his family and friends. R.I.P Marco, you will be sorely missed.

Reply to this Topic
alitown

Oct 06

alitown says:

Marco

Terrible to watch, not just the accident but the pain clearly visible on team, family and other riders faces.If i have felt so hollow all day, what can those who knew him be going through.It will be hard for Vale and Colin to motivate theirselves to race again, but a fitting tribute would be for Rossi to be able to ride Simo's bike at Valencia, if not in the race, just as a lap of honour. Dorna and TV feed did the right thing in not carrying on with the race and coverage.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

R.I.P. Marco...

A true gladiator. My thoughts are with you, your family , your friends and work mates and all the people involved in the sport. not to mention Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Even in his last lap he was having a fight with Alvaro as in both their 250 2-stroke days.  I will miss #58 so much.

Reply to this Topic
olafhd276

May 10

olafhd276 says:

RIP #58

I wish to pass on my deepest sympathies to Marco's friends, family , team and all whom he touched. He was a fantastic rider but more so a fantastic person, i wish we'd had him to enjoy for longer.  R.I.P. #58

Reply to this Topic
veronicaisl

Aug 11

veronicaisl says:

R.I.P. Super sic.

sad news :( Keep the trhottle full even that you are now in heaven. Rest in peace brother! :(

Reply to this Topic
bubs348

Oct 08

bubs348 says:

Utter shame

Marco, what a great bloke and talented rider, deepest sympathy to your family, friends and team, I watched every race because you were in it to win it, going to miss you on and off the track. GP has lost a rising star.

RIP,from your fan Bubs

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices