Skip to content

Discuss This Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash

Marco Simoncelli has passed away in Malaysia after crashing during the second lap of the MotoGP race at the Sepang circuit earlier today. The 24-year-old was battling with Alvaro Bautista for fourth position when he lost the front at turn 11. Following riders Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi were unable to take avoiding action and both riders collided with Simoncelli, his...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 October 2011 10:42)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Regripping Tyres

What a freak accident! I too noticed the regripping lowside which then flung him straight into the racing line. My heart goes out to his family and to Colin Edwards.

RIP big fella.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

RIP Marco, thoughts go out to your family and girlfriend, and your friends and team mates at san carlo. Still haven't taken it all in yet. Gutted for Colin and Vale too, nothing they could do..

Reply to this Topic
velopete

Apr 05

velopete says:

goodbye Simo

A sad sad day for motorcycling, one of our brightest stars extinguished before he had the chance to show us how brightly he could shine, look to the heavens tonight for a new star shining. RIP Simo

Reply to this Topic
grapple

Dec 08

grapple says:

R I P MARCO

Sadly missed such a great future champ in the making exiting to watch missing you. Ride like the wind up in the clouds........

Reply to this Topic
shugd3

Jun 11

shugd3 says:

rip marco

a sad and dark day for bike fans everywhere,  loved watching marco, a true world champ who loved to scrap on the track, which is what i wanted to see and probably most race fans did too. motogp has lost a great racer. my thoughts go out to everyone close to him.

R.I.P Marco S.... LONG LIVE No58........

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

The boy will be missed by all of us....

Reply to this Topic
gazobee

Apr 10

gazobee says:

A Shining Light

These great warriors, we watch them week after week and marvel at the skill they display.

For those of us who ride the appreciation of the skill it takes to do what they do is immeasurable. I am so, so sad that we have lost yet another great talent from this sport that we love so much. It is a tragedy that we have lost him, but it would have been an even greater tragedy had we never seen the talent he possed. Thank you Marco for your undoubted skill, your amazing sense of humour and your crazy hair. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Thank you so much for your gift to the world. Ride fast young man!

Ken Thornhill

Reading

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Ci Mancherai un sacco

we will miss you a lot....

Nothing can express the sensation of loss in the world this day.

I was in Valencia this morning and just returned to Bologna, through the course of the day, from people of all ages and dispositions, I have heard thier conversations and discussions about the events of this morning.

Without fail, whether it be a barman or taxi driver in Spain or Italy each and every person has expressed thier shock and sadness at the loss of a great man, a great sportsman and a great human being. His character was a big as his hair and the hole he has left will last for a long time.

As mentioned previously in this thread, reading Italian news and speaking with friends here, the news about Super Sic has been the lead story and a minute silence has been held by fans and sportsmen alike.

Thanks Marco, sei grande, sei bravo, Ci mancherai un sacco

- i tifosi

Reply to this Topic
gsxr60079

Aug 08

gsxr60079 says:

Am gutted and sorry My thoughts with his family and friends

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Nice words.....

Nice words from Carlo Pernat manager of many a manic Italiano: Simoncelli's manager Carlo Pernat said: "Marco was a cheery boy, everyone's friend. He had expectations, dreams. He was a boy from days gone by, with a wonderful family who taught him good values. It's terrible, there are no words, everyone's very upset, he could have become world champion one day. ***** Maybe not everyones friend, Dani Pedrosa springs to mind. Props to Dani.... on a day that the Moto GP bubble burst and everyone has come down to earth....... words would be worthless..... Dani went to and just held Marco's father in a long embrace, Super Sic's slate is clean.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices