Skip to content

Discuss This Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash

Marco Simoncelli has passed away in Malaysia after crashing during the second lap of the MotoGP race at the Sepang circuit earlier today. The 24-year-old was battling with Alvaro Bautista for fourth position when he lost the front at turn 11. Following riders Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi were unable to take avoiding action and both riders collided with Simoncelli, his...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 October 2011 10:42)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Chrisg011

Cheers guy..... don't sue me.......Nothing can express the sensation of loss in the world this day.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Two big losses in our sport.

Shoya Tomizawa last year at Misano and Marco Simoncelli this year at Sepang. Looking back at his season in MotoGP there have been some great battles PI last year for the rookie of the year title Mugello this year and also Sachensring.

Reply to this Topic
johnleeming

Jan 09

johnleeming says:

the best was yet to come

Moto Gp is dead without him he was a total insparation to the sport and the more those riders complained about his riding the more we liked him. I dont watch Moto Gp anymore cos i cant stand to watch them 3 wankers (Lornnzo Pedrosa and Stoner) winge and want theier own way with the sport.

This sport is going to mis you Marco and my bitter regret is, I never met you. Good night and God bless Marco I absolutely loved you and you were the only rider I wanted to see win a race. XX58XX

[This Reply has been modified by the Moderator]

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Marco sliding with a smile!

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/304057_271677066192273_126161050743876_1197838_6968399_n.jpg

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

desire to win

have been out motocrossing all day and was stunned by the news. just seen the footage, the fact marco tried to save it , cost him his life. if he'd let it slide it would never have happened,

But thats a true champion for you, fearless and unfazed by anything, Godspeed marco, a freak accident and so heartbreaking

Reply to this Topic
Hornetowner

Sep 08

Hornetowner says:

super sic

You will be sadly missed, ride fast ,ride free. MOTO GP has lost a rising star. Thoughts to family and friends

Reply to this Topic
filhambulldog

Oct 11

R.I.P. MARCO   xxxxx58xxxxx

Reply to this Topic
jabba8

Apr 10

jabba8 says:

RIP Marco

Would no doubt have become a proper legend of m/c racing, but probably already is. True character amongst the grey men of modern moto gp. Not a corporate puppet - just out there to race bikes for the sheer buzz of it, no politics, no bull shit and definetley no holds barred. I hope Pedrosa, Stoner and Lorenzo are feeling the shame of their bollocks earlier in the year - threatened by a true talent they all went crying to the authorities. Funny how it was only the real racers that got behind Marco (Rossi, Edwards, Spies et al). Like many of the best before him he has been taken away young - God knows how good he would have been.

Reply to this Topic
colm_mcfadden

Jul 08

Terrible loss to MotoGP

I'm on night shifts this weekend and was sleeping during the day, so didn't see the race or any of the news. People were telling me about ManU losing 6-1, but this is the only news that matters. And tbh, it's a huge, massive loss to MotGP.

I just can't believe it.

I absolutely loved this guy - a breath of fresh air, I'm sure he would have been a future world champion. Loved his attitude, his old style maverick nature, MotoGP needed Marco Simoncelli more than words can express. I don't know how I'm going to be able to enjoy MotoGP without Marco.

I'm devestated and heartbroken that I will never get to see Marco ride anymore.

Reply to this Topic
colm_mcfadden

Jul 08

Terrible loss to MotoGP

I'm on night shifts this weekend and was sleeping during the day, so didn't see the race or any of the news. People were telling me about ManU losing 6-1, but this is the only news that matters. And tbh, it's a huge, massive loss to MotGP.

I just can't believe it.

I absolutely loved this guy - a breath of fresh air, I'm sure he would have been a future world champion. Loved his attitude, his old style maverick nature, MotoGP needed Marco Simoncelli more than words can express. I don't know how I'm going to be able to enjoy MotoGP without Marco.

I'm devestated and heartbroken that I will never get to see Marco ride anymore.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices