Skip to content

Discuss This Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash

Marco Simoncelli has passed away in Malaysia after crashing during the second lap of the MotoGP race at the Sepang circuit earlier today. The 24-year-old was battling with Alvaro Bautista for fourth position when he lost the front at turn 11. Following riders Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi were unable to take avoiding action and both riders collided with Simoncelli, his...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 October 2011 10:42)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Melmount

Oct 11

Melmount says:

Super Marco

You will be sadly missed from MotoGP, you added excitement to a series that had lost its magic. You kept me watching, you were a true racer, fearless, brave, hard but fair, maligned for being so.  You could have been the best, a great talent taken so young. My thoughts are with your family and friends at this tragic time.  This was a tragic accident which Colin and Val could do nothing about, alas I have seen too many in my life time watching motorcycle racing on track and roads.  God be with you Marco.

Reply to this Topic
Flipslats

Aug 11

Flipslats says:

Absolutely shocking. What a massive, massive loss...

Words are not enough to describe the enormous feeling of sadness and loss.

Rest In Peace Marco Simoncelli.

Forever a champion. Forever missed.

Reply to this Topic
glynny

Aug 09

glynny says:

My wife went into labour at midnight last night and I've spent the last 15 hours rubbing her back, panting with her and supporting her in every way that i could for a homebirth. At 1500 hrs we admitted defeat, the little man just didn't want to come and she was taken into hospital where she was rushed into theatre and we had our first child, a boy, at 1700 this evening. When the boy came out, he was grey in colour and had stopped breathing and 2 mins later the emergency theatre team got him breathing again. An hour later colour had come back to him and he was latching onto his mother both of them kept in hospital overnight though for further checks.

So i come home alone tonight leaving my wife and new boy in hospital to stick on the Moto GP and hear the awful news of Marco's death.

My emotions of the day have been dashed from the ultimate high to this dreadfully sad news low. I'm absolutely heartbroken for Marco's family and friends and especially his girlfriend. It is without a shadow of a doubt the most disturbing crash i have had the misfortune to see.

Desperately demoted right now.

Far too often people come on this site and slag off riders to a personal level that is beyond the playground and many times beyond spiteful. It's downright f**king dispicable in alot of cases. Every single person that has slagged a rider off in previous threads should hang their heads in shame today. They ALL put their lives on the line everytime they go throw a leg over their bikes in the name of the sport and the show. This is Moto GP, the world pinnacle of the sport, alot of people on this forum need to start showing a little more respect.

Can we ALL please refrain from the personal attacks on riders in the future.

R.I.P. Marco, an incredible talent snatched from us far too soon.

Reply to this Topic
Kando

May 11

Kando says:

THE GOOD DIE YOUNG

Poor Marco RIP you will be missed! The most exciting rider of moto gp racing in recent history. He had such a bright future taken away so cruelly. At least he died doing what he loved. He was only 24 years old but he lived more in 5 minutes than most do in a lifetime!

Reply to this Topic
Dale469

Oct 11

Dale469 says:

Farewell Marco

First Daijiro Kato, now Marco Simoncelli... looks like heaven has its Honda Gresini Dream Team. Thank you for the entertainment Marco, with every race, you won more fans. You will be missed so much by so many.

Reply to this Topic
peter rabbit

Nov 02

peter rabbit says:

ciao Marco

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Congrats Glynny

Wishing your little guy a happy healthy future. Marco is giving us all a big wave and a big smile right now.... and a little part of that will be just for you......

Reply to this Topic
Zoggthefantastic

Sep 11

Still can't believe it

I keep on expecting someone to tell me there's been a mistake and marco will be at valencia ready to entertain and excite us all with his skill and talent with a motorcycle. Such a sad day.

Reply to this Topic
Gdo91

Aug 10

Gdo91 says:

Sempre un campione

Always a champion, both and great rider and person. Still can't believe it. Ciao Marco, sei un grande!

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

Humbling moment

Was watching with my 2 1/2 year old son, who every time he rides his trike shouts 'Casey Oner',Casey Oner!!!....... He couldn't understand why they weren't racing, and I couldn't find any words to explain, I just gave him a huge cuddle. Puts life in perspective and makes you realize what is really important to you. God bless you Marco...Like or dislike him, he added an unpredidictability to an otherwise predictable show that will be sorely missed. Your candle burned bright but for far too short a time. Deepest condolences to family and friends

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices