Skip to content

Discuss This Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash

Marco Simoncelli has passed away in Malaysia after crashing during the second lap of the MotoGP race at the Sepang circuit earlier today. The 24-year-old was battling with Alvaro Bautista for fourth position when he lost the front at turn 11. Following riders Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi were unable to take avoiding action and both riders collided with Simoncelli, his...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 October 2011 10:42)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
colinfeeley

Oct 11

colinfeeley says:

SAD LOSS

marco simoncelli: An inspirational MOTOGP rider who rode with his heart he fought to win not just to take part. On and off the track he made us smile, with his an uncompromising will and unique style. The respect he now commands comes with our loss, of MOTOGP he was soon to be boss. Sadly for us all we can now only mourn, as the star he was is from us now torn. RIP Marco.... we shall all remember your time, as the Mop Headed Rider who's skill was sublime. RIP.... god bless! Thoughts are now with your family and friends.

Reply to this Topic
tiddmyster

Oct 05

tiddmyster says:

MARCO

R.I.P MARCO deepest sympathies for your family, a true genuine sportsman,hard and a proper racer, you will be missed

>T

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

A massive loss to the sport we love!

Like many others have said, It feels like a friend has passed away even though we had never met!

I am absolutely devastated and you will be sorely missed!

My thoughts are with Sic's Family, Friends and Colleagues while they go through this very dark and unfair period in their lives.

RIP Super Sic, You will never be forgotten!!!

'Race In Peace'

Reply to this Topic
sportacus007

Oct 11

sportacus007 says:

RIP Marco

Great lose to GP and the World of Sport.  Marco brought a difference with his talent to GP and will be sadly missed by one family of brits.  Our thoughts to his family and friends.

Reply to this Topic
ianp5uk

Aug 07

ianp5uk says:

Really, really sad. He was talented, a character and a future title contender.

Reply to this Topic
olafhd276

May 10

olafhd276 says:

RIP #58

I've commented already of my sadness and respect for Marco, but I think for all the readers of MCN were fans of Marco, could you consider maybe giving away a free sticker in a future edition (or even bumping  pound onto the price to pay for it, or donating it to riders for health) I, and I'm sure others, would love to show our support and love for him by riding with his number on our bikes...something maybe you could consider

Reply to this Topic
simondick76

Jan 09

simondick76 says:

I agree

With the last post in that I think MCN should do something to celebrate the life of Marco as it's clear to see that his tragic death has had a profound effect on thousands of people. I for one have been in a sombre, thoughtful mood since I heard the news. I have seen Marco race a few times before and most recently at Silverstone this year where I really enjoyed watching all the fans with there big Simo wigs on! I really am going to miss watching him and feel for his family, friends and his thousands of fans. Rest in peace Marco 58! Never forgotten!

Reply to this Topic
olafhd276

May 10

olafhd276 says:

Thanks man, I'm totally with you simon, he's been on my mind since I got the news...I'd love to see a small tribute on our bikes and as I said I'd happily pay a wee bit extra for the top newspaper to included  a tribute we could all see displayed on the bikes of the UK and Ireland...Please Marc Potter consider this for a tribute

Reply to this Topic
Daniel22

Oct 11

Daniel22 says:

simoncelli

R.I.P. Marco,   Marco's death is a really sad loss to the world of sport, we will miss his brilliant riding, super smile and personality and the fab hair!  Our thoughts go out to all his family, girlfriend and friends.  Also, we are thinking of Colin and Valentino, they must be going through a really tough time right now.  It was such a tragic accident, but it was just that, an accident!  Marco will never be forgotten RIP

Reply to this Topic
manxhornet

Oct 07

manxhornet says:

Marco

I was gutted when I heard this news. I've been cheering Marco on this year. I am really gonna miss him. I know I won't be able to watch the next round. RIP Marco. God Bless 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle