Skip to content

Discuss This Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash

Marco Simoncelli has passed away in Malaysia after crashing during the second lap of the MotoGP race at the Sepang circuit earlier today. The 24-year-old was battling with Alvaro Bautista for fourth position when he lost the front at turn 11. Following riders Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi were unable to take avoiding action and both riders collided with Simoncelli, his...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 October 2011 10:42)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
PeterFox

May 09

PeterFox says:

Simoncelli

Marco showed us the bravery to strive for ever improving results and the true and genuine elation it brought having achieved them. He brought thrill and excitement to a mundane race series and will be sadly missed by fans around the world, RIP Marco. I hope his family understand the affection that was felt towards him by all who appreciate  a ' real' racer.

Reply to this Topic
Adeninja

Mar 10

Adeninja says:

Marco

R.I.P Marco you will be missed ,

Reply to this Topic
breuilly1

Jan 10

breuilly1 says:

Marco

I've watched this young man for some years now, coming up through the ranks, then finally getting into moto gp and giving it a breath of fresh air,at last I thought someone with a charector like rossi, I just loved his style of racing.but after yesterday, I feel I've lost a member of my family.

My thought's go to his Family, girl friend, and Valentino, who must be going through hell at the moment,

Marco, I will miss seeing you getting those knee's and elbow's out and pushing yourself forward.

God Bless....

Reply to this Topic
blue200tdi

Dec 10

blue200tdi says:

:(:(

How ironic that the BBC coverage was talking about superstition before the race and what the riders thought about it!

Been thinking about Marco all day, and will do for a long time to come. Hope they race the last race, I'm sure Marco wouldn't want them to cancel it.

Steve Parrish thinks Rossi might retire after this, I sincerly hope not, losing two, maybe even three riders, haven't heard from Colin Edwards yet, from the same crash would be even more saddening.

Poor Colin Edwards, the nicest easy going, in my opinion, guy in the paddock, what must he be feeling even though there was nothing he could do to avoid it? We MUST remember that Edwards and Rossi will be affected by this accident too, for their lifetime.

My deepest sympathies for ALL involved xxxx

Reply to this Topic
honwal

Feb 10

honwal says:

R.I.P. BRAVE MAN,

Reply to this Topic
tbuk7

Sep 10

tbuk7 says:

Marco R.I.P

He came to Moto GP waving a big spanner and threw it in the middle. Its what Moto GP needed. I cried yesterday and cried today.  This is a huge loss, Moto GP  has lost its spark.  Like when snooker and some England games a few years ago could be a bit boring, Along came Jimmy White and Gazza. Lots of people watched the sports because of them. Sometimes Moto Gp can be like a parade but I always looked forward to see  what marco was going to do. Like when he rattlled Lorenzo on an overtake and later that " I will be arrested" comment to Lorenzo. His fanbase probably grew  as much as anyone due to his riding style, And came across as a really nice guy. R.I.P Marco.

Reply to this Topic
bogtrotter17

Sep 10

bogtrotter17 says:

marco rip

Such a sad loss.  He was such a pleasure to watch and added excitement to the motogp.  He will be hard to replace what with his crazy hairdo and his unique style of riding.  I am not religious but he has at last reached the no1 podium.

Reply to this Topic
KingWasp

Jan 10

KingWasp says:

Good Bye Marco- RIP

Just gutted. So sad. What a loss to us all.The world is a poorer place.

KW

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

Rest In Peace and God Bless.

A Gladiator is the way I saw Marco Simoncelli, ready to do battle, unfraid. You could see that when Marco lost the front he would not let go and as the bike wheels gripped the track it took him right back into the racing line. (If only....is all that I keep thinking, he was not so damn brave and "un-afraid"), he might have just continued  sliding out of harms way.

There are lessons to be learned here though and that is, injured riders should not be carted so hurriedly off the track without a neck brace, and they must be properly strapped down and kept in a level manner on the stretcher.

From what I heard and some pictures, he was hanging off the stretcher.

Rest In Peace and God Bless you Marco. you were a delight to watch and to listen.

You had a flair that not many can have. a natural. I miss you.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
twinkledh

Dec 10

twinkledh says:

A Star

it still seems not right, not fair and unjust! Marco was too talented, too good and too nice for this to happen! i like many of you feel upset at his passing, god only knows how his close family and friends feel! Marco was very special, RIP!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices