Skip to content

Discuss This Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Marco Simoncelli passes away after Sepang crash

Marco Simoncelli has passed away in Malaysia after crashing during the second lap of the MotoGP race at the Sepang circuit earlier today. The 24-year-old was battling with Alvaro Bautista for fourth position when he lost the front at turn 11. Following riders Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi were unable to take avoiding action and both riders collided with Simoncelli, his...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 October 2011 10:42)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Marco

Glad to see so many tributes and kind words for a true star whose life has sadly been cut short.
Marco was a real character who brightened up the paddock and the racing and was probably destined to be a future Moto GP Champion.
We were originally going to Sepang but our plans were altered and I am so glad they were as it was bad enough hearing the news here never mind being present at the circuit.
Marco Simoncelli you will never be forgotton.
R.I.P. A HERO FOREVER.

Reply to this Topic
suzukigolf

Oct 11

suzukigolf says:

simoncelli

a tragic loss for motorcycle racing

r i p

Reply to this Topic
Carlosoul

Jul 08

Carlosoul says:

Ciao...

Marco, see you again one day brother.   #58 forever

Reply to this Topic
twinkledh

Dec 10

twinkledh says:

WOSIDEG

thank-you for the link to the Kevin Schwantz tribute!! the more you read about Marco the more you realise what a loss he is! moto gp will take a good while before it recovers. best wishes to his family and friends.

Reply to this Topic
cardiology

May 05

cardiology says:

Total numbing shock

I got the text as I was watching the last 5 minutes of the rugby. Shouting at the TV, having a great time, thinking NZ v France was important. The text came and I just stared at my phone. Utter, total shock. I just stared at it hoping it was a sick joke but knowing it really wasn't. I can't recall the rest of the rugby and I didn't even watch the end.

It's not often a death affects one so deeply. I've been walking around all day in a bit of a daze, not really getting much done at work. When people asked me how my weekend was I tell them it was awful because Simo was killed, but they don't get the significance of it.

Seeing the cover of Wednesday's MCN tonight made me well-up. Marco, in his leathers, smiling away, loving life. I know we can gain comfort from knowing he didn't suffer and died doing the thing he loved, but the death of someone so young and with so much promise (and achievement) is a hard one to comprehend.

Biking is about more than nationality. We are all bound together by our love of this brilliant sport. Marco was one of "us" in a way that the Daily Mail will never understand. For the DM to have shown pictures of the impact is as repulsive to me as me putting pictures on the net of Princess Diana lying dead would be to them. The BBC didn't even mention Marco's death in the news last night. But there's thousands of people of there who have been affected (like me) by this terrible event. We are all biking brothers, and we'll keep Marco's name alive for many years to come.

Marco seemed like a lovely lad. He was a normal sized bloke living our dream, enjoying it, and he made our world a bit more fun. That lad achieved more in his 24 years than we'll achieve in a lifetime. I salute the memory of Marco Simoncelli.

Reply to this Topic
ginnie

Apr 11

ginnie says:

Marco Rest In Pole

Reply to this Topic
kitkat90

Oct 11

kitkat90 says:

R.I.P.

I was watching the race when it happened. Im in shock, i just cant believe it. It feels like ive lost a very close friend even though i never met him. i wish i had to chance to go to a race and see him. Marco you will never be forgotten.

RIP MARCO

Reply to this Topic
firebirdharris

Aug 09

Don't really watch moto gp

But i saw the pictures in the sun and blah, it's just not good at all i mean it's one thing for a guy to die on the track, but his friends and competitors running him over? I feel sorry for rossi and edwards more, they couldn't really avoid it but they must feel terrible either way. The picture was hard to look at and shouldn't just be dropped into the paper. Still this is the paper that has no issues with sticking double page spread of a gaddafi with a bullet hole in his head, don't get me wrong, he deserved it but you just shouldn't be allowed to put that kind of stuff in the paper, not in that much detail.

Reply to this Topic
sutts17

Jan 11

sutts17 says:

Super Sic #58

STILL CANT GET OVER THIS TRAGIC ACCIDENT..... R.I.P MARCO "SUPER SIC #58" SIMONCELLI

Reply to this Topic
spencel

Oct 03

spencel says:

Marco Sim

What terrible luck for Marco, truly a freak accident. Comiserations to Edwards and poor Vale. I wonder if the "big hair" contributed to the helemet comming off? Hope not.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices