Skip to content

General BBC Moto GP Coverage Pub Talk - over 18s only

You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > BBC Moto GP Coverage

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Lifeintheslowlane

Jun 10

BBC Moto GP Coverage

Whilst I have no problem with BBC2 replacing the MotoGP Coverage in light of todays tragic events, not to leave some kind of message on-screen to the thousands who must have switched on for the race is, I think, hugely disrespectful. Given the BBC's usual lack of priority of our sport, the fact that it was'nt on, and had been replaced by lama shearing was not a surprise. Having to find the news on Ceefax, having scoured the listings to find where they'ed moved it to was not acceptable.

The guy was a big talent and is a big loss. Thoughts to his family, and the other riders involved.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 October 2011 13:41)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
stevedeejay

Aug 09

stevedeejay says:

hear hear

thought they might have been able to put a wee tribute film on at least :mellow:

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

What could they do?

For those that watched the begining of the race, they knew what had happened, and why the re-start was cancelled.

Once they realised that it was cancelled, of course they showed something else.

In time there will be a tribute, but producing one during the hour within his death would be neither possible nor tasteful.

Reply to this Topic
Lifeintheslowlane

Jun 10

I'm talking about the highlights show at 1300. A short message on the bottom of the screen should not have been beyond them

Reply to this Topic
gungerdin8

Feb 11

gungerdin8 says:

my whole family

look 4ward 2 moto gp evey time, we watched in horror as cal n rossi colided with marco, i new as soon as i saw his lid rolling about, he was withoubt a doubt my favorite rider a persona that will never b matched, an alround top bloke who would have with a factory ride prob have wone the 2012 moto gp ? what a tragic waist of a proper nice bloke n serious tallent rip marco

im sad.g

Reply to this Topic
StealthSV

Feb 08

StealthSV says:

Saw the BBC news earlier.....

Not one mention of Marco!!

Had some football primadonna chipped a nail or summat it would've been headline news!!

Not good enough BBC, just not good enough!! :mad:

Reply to this Topic
goldenboyfz1

Dec 07

goldenboyfz1 says:

ITV

The news made the ITV evening news.... not sure about about the BBC ?... 

Reply to this Topic
StealthSV

Feb 08

StealthSV says:

Fair play to ITV then

Still not good enough from BBC who have the coverage!!

Reply to this Topic
Reynard

Oct 10

Reynard says:

On the

news now..R.I.P Marco....absolutly gutted:upset:

Reply to this Topic
jam4pam

Oct 11

jam4pam says:

bbc coverage

the biggest problem i had for the coverage was that they stated live on air that Marco was concious and talking to paramedics, what a load of crap, we know he never did so why say it, they did the same in regards to Craig Jones in wss when he died, the smug ginger idiot from mcn in eurosport studio claiming he was up and alert also turned out to be a load of crap, dont report anything like that unless you know for fact.

My second beef with the BBC GP coverage was cutting to a shot of Marco`s girlfriend in a bad state straight after seeing the crash, heartless effer`s

My 3rd beef is with the Sepang croud, we heard on tv the public tannoy telling the crowd because of the accident the race is cancelled, what did the croud do ???? they boo`d and jeered, a country which has gone through so much death and destruction should have more respect than that

Reply to this Topic
frisky

Feb 08

frisky says:

BBC Coverage

always leaves a lot to be desired. I think they behaved distastefully and without respect for Marco, his poor family and his fellow competitors. Trying to interview the other riders who we're obviously struggling with words and in shock (Tony Elias).

The limited coverage of the MotoGP races are always cut short so if you don't switch to BBCi Player or are recording their coverage, you miss the interviews and more ofter than not the prize givings.

Rubbish!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle