Skip to content

Ask an Expert Reputable insurance companies Insurance

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Insurance > Reputable insurance companies

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

S4LOP84

Jul 11

S4LOP84 says:

Reputable insurance companies

Having passed my mod2 on friday, I rushed home, got on the comparison websites and ended up buying insurance with ebike which I have since cancelled as I have read lots of bad reviews and am now myself having problems regarding sending copies of my licence.

I have now decided that although I want a competitve price I feel customer service is well worth paying a bit extra for, plus is it usual for companies to request copies of licences when taking out new insurance as I have surrendered my licence to the dvla for updating.

Thankyou in advance for any replies

Mark:smile 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 October 2011 22:50)

Post a message in Insurance

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

I'm currently

with Aviva, and touch wood, they seem pretty good - well, I haven't had any problems (but I haven't had a reason to claim either).

As for asking for licences, some companies do ask this as part of their T&Cs, but I've never been asked for it yet.

Reply to this Topic
LEO61

Aug 08

LEO61 says:

Insurance

I'm with motorcycle direct. The customer service is excellent. I have never made a claim, but they are easy to talk to, and insurance was easy to arrange. As for the licence issue, i have been asked once in the past, but this company never required a copy. Ride safe. :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
S4LOP84

Jul 11

S4LOP84 says:

Cheers

Thanks for the replies. I have gone with Swinton, policy was almost £100 more, but after hearing horror stories of people having policies cancelled without notice from ebike I am happy to pay the extra. Just hope I never have to make a claim!

Reply to this Topic
checkity

Nov 11

checkity says:

eBike

eBike aint too bad. Have been with them before, particulalry useful as they're a local business. As long as you give them your proper info within the time limit it's a breeze. Was a little skeptical at first about sending my licence in as have never been asked before but I went down there in person and they explained it fully to me in person. It's apparently because they're online based so alot of fraudsters are attracted to it, by asking for the licences at the beginning of the policy they can catch these liars out before it gets to claim stage. Fair enough if you ask me, I can't see why other insurers don't do this. Funnily enough Motorcycle Direct is a local business to me aswell (Bristol has them all!!) and I know that alot of the staff moved from MCD to eBike. Enjoy Swinton though, never have used them :)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices