Skip to content

Discuss This Speed Triple gets the ‘R’ treatment New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Speed Triple gets the ‘R’ treatment

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

Speed Triple gets the ‘R’ treatment

These are the first pictures of Triumph’s hotly-rumoured, new-for-2012 Speed Triple R – a special, uprated version of its best-selling super naked. Following in the footsteps of Triumph’s previous Street Triple R and Daytona 675 R, the new Speed Triple R is essentially an uprated version of the standard machine. As such it gets uprated Ohlins suspension, tasty Brembo Monobloc brakes, special,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 October 2011 22:56)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
speedtriplecouk

Jun 11

Now THAT looks damn good!!

Those lightweight wheels really do look the mutts'!!

Dom

www.speedtriple.co.uk

Reply to this Topic
jekyllandhyde

Apr 10

=0

I love my Speed. But, I have to admit that this one looks fantastic. I am sure that the extras will make it feel even more aggressive. So, I am happy NOT to have that temptation. Nice one Triumph!

Reply to this Topic
Kescheng

May 06

Kescheng says:

Nice

I agree - it does look the tits. If the price is good Trumpet may have another winner on it's hands.

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

The standard one without bodywork add-ons is about £8600, with bodywork add-ons £9 something. I reckon this will be in excess of £10k before adding seat cowl, headlight thingy, bellypan and tail tidy.

As there's a lack of SV1200 available from Suzuki, it looks like it's down to the Ducati 848 Streetfighter and the Speed Triple R for me but at what price? At the moment, I'm still thinking the Duke looks good value but I'll hang on to see in what colours the standard 2012 Speed Triple comes in first.

2012 could be an expensive year for me .....or maybe I'll just hang on to my 2005 model......hmmm

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

I love the specs, but prefered the colors scheme on the Street Triple R. Too much red for my taste. Would have loved seeing an all blacked out version (including forks) with maybe just a touch of red to let you know it's en R version.

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

Ravishing R not......?

Triumph have been busy,and yes they have made this SPEED TRIPLE 1050 look that bit better. I wonder how much poorer the buyers are going to be though,having to shell out for the privilege of owning one of these Ohlins clad beasts....???

Reply to this Topic
obsceneuk

May 09

obsceneuk says:

Was in the Triumph dealer yesterday, the price is an extra £2k or 2.5. Can't remember but definitely another 2k on top. I hate the red frame too.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices