Skip to content

Discuss This New Triumph Tiger Explorer revealed New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New Triumph Tiger Explorer revealed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

New Triumph Tiger Explorer revealed

Triumph has just released the first official pictures of its hugely-anticipated all-new adventure bike – the ‘Tiger Explorer’. The newcomer has been expected for over a year. MCN published the first spy pictures of the bike in prototype form 12 months ago. But this is the first time the finished, production-ready machine has been shown. The c.1200cc, three-cylinder, shaft drive machine will...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 October 2011 23:27)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jallen

Aug 02

jallen says:

Looks okay and would be a nice upgrade to my Tiger 800 although I would probably miss the agility in town. The exhaust is even larger than the TIger 800 item, kind of like the next size up of Brabantia Stainless steel bin.

Reply to this Topic
ducatigav

Feb 10

ducatigav says:

dont look anywhere as near as much fun as my ktm

Reply to this Topic
sewcharman

Nov 10

sewcharman says:

Tiger Explorer

Looks good,  so why do we have to wait till 2013 for the Tourer which I am waiting for.

Reply to this Topic
Rumrat

Oct 11

Rumrat says:

Looks nice, but will buy something else next year.

Reply to this Topic
Richard T

Aug 07

Richard T says:

Wheels = 19" front, 17" rear, according to Triumph website.

I predict a busy time for the aftermarket can manufacturers, apart from that monstrosity the bike looks great! Good move to go for shaft drive.

I hope the panniers will be sensibly sized and priced.

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

What it needs

It needs spoked, tubeless wheels.  Otherwise this is just a street bike that's playing dress-up.

I'm more interested in a possible new trophy with this engine.

Reply to this Topic
marty1035

Aug 07

marty1035 says:

Go Your Own Way?

First they copy the 800gs and now this. Hardly unique other than a triple engine. I'd prefer Triumph to do something about the appalling fuel economy of their bikes.

Reply to this Topic
trophyian

May 10

trophyian says:

Triumph still keep me waiting...

Triumph tourers 0, Tigers 4. Come on guys, why the extra years wait for the Trophy replacement. Ok,ok I have only been waiting 7 years !!!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
mogulthrash

Dec 10

mogulthrash says:

exhaust

can they maybe get an even bigger exhaust in there? there must be a way to add even more pointless metal to the bike. C'mon Triumph - you've ruined it.

Reply to this Topic
Arrow

Aug 02

Arrow says:

I trust that this is the road going version akin the R1200GS and that there will be a more "adventurous" or XC type like the R1200GSA hopefully with a 30 litres plus fuel tank for long tours and commutes and lots more weather protection.

From the looks of it the engine appears to be a stress member unless there are some down tubes hidden at the front that the pictures don't show. Also I would imagine looking at the dustbin on the back that the cat is in the silencer which means an aftermarket can will kill two birds with one stone by removing the cat and the exhaust restriction all at the same time.

It will be interesting to see it in the flesh in particular how it feels when sat on as the seat appears to be lower then the GS's a pain to those short of leg especially as BMWs, their main target, which have a tendency to feel top heavy. The engine has got to be something else, massive grunt I should imagine, just right for two up, loaded with camping gear.

Roll on the launch and a test ride.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle