Skip to content

Discuss This New Triumph Tiger Explorer revealed New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New Triumph Tiger Explorer revealed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

New Triumph Tiger Explorer revealed

Triumph has just released the first official pictures of its hugely-anticipated all-new adventure bike – the ‘Tiger Explorer’. The newcomer has been expected for over a year. MCN published the first spy pictures of the bike in prototype form 12 months ago. But this is the first time the finished, production-ready machine has been shown. The c.1200cc, three-cylinder, shaft drive machine will...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 October 2011 23:27)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Confused I am!

Why do people keep banging on about 'it won't be any good off road looking like that' etc. How many people would seriously buy a bike like this with a view to taking it off road most of the time? People buy them like this coz its comfy and they like the style and its practical. You don't hear people saying they don't want indicators, grab rails or pillion footrests because they are no use to you when you are riding on a track on a sports bike! I'm sure there will be more people buying this bike to load it up and go touring than do motocross on it or cross the Sahara desert. The designers are aiming for the masses not a few individuals who ride to extreme.

Reply to this Topic
jonnyconcrete

Oct 05

that exhaust is making the mountain range look small

Reply to this Topic
pipvac

Sep 11

pipvac says:

Minger !

Whats with that riddiculous exhaust !!?

I can't stand the headlight design, which is one of the reason I don't like the aestetics of the 800 either. It looks like an angry insect.

I loved my Tiger 1050 (2006), but found the motor wasn't as flexible as I would like with the rev range of a diesel car. It always seem to hit the limiter too quickly, as if the gear ratios weren't upt to handling the motor.

Lets hope the 1200 sorts this out. The shaft drive would be very welcome indeed.

Price is going to be key. If they plan on pricing it at BMW levels then I will give it a wide berth.

Reply to this Topic
Motofire

Oct 11

Motofire says:

Sweeeeeet!

Exhaust aside (I bet thats for euro emmesions, will soon come off)  this looks kin great!!!!!

Way better than the test prototype spy photos that were in MCN a while back. That looked like fat bloated cow.

I for one really like this new styling. It looks agressive and ripped. Defo a 2 wheel SUV.

Nice one Triumph.

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

Who's stripped me bike down?

Not to bad looking,this new Triumph,i like the USD forks,the wheels will be useless off road but how many will actually be used there?:huh: Engine should have plenty of torque and should have sufficient power for any touring capabilities,one or two up,and shaft drive is a BLESSING. Looking to the rear of the bike,the stripped down Bare frame the plastic's being nicked look,is i think an excuse to say its for the pannier's to fit,you don't need any body work as it will be hidden.Triumph will,no doubt offer customers their own brand at an extortionate price?:mad:

The exhaust is just itching to be smashed to pieces if used off road,and the silencer is like a futuristic cricket bat,sorry Triumph fans. Overall first looks not bad,not good,somewhere in the middle,but no doubt it will probably look better in reality than in the pics. However,if the reports about BMW and their NEW Gs 1200 adventure are anything to go by then i think Triumph may have a struggle on their hands.:wacko:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Caponord03

Oct 11

Caponord03 says:

new tiger

get rid of that ugly bulky exhaust, swap the wheels for 17/19, or better yet 18/21, then you'll have a winner

Reply to this Topic
Richard T

Aug 07

Richard T says:

Ahem! The wheels ARE 17/19?

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

what is it with people and not being able to change exhausts?! They have to have them like that nowadays to have the cat inside it as oppose to under the bike making it more difficult and more expensive to get rid of. Get off your lazy car driving arses and change the exhaust yourself and have common sense as to why it's the way it is

Reply to this Topic
SATiger

Sep 11

SATiger says:

I have to smile at some of the comments. Of course if Triumph want to continue in this market sector it will look similar to others; that's the whole point.and it probably looks more like a V-strom or Tenere than a GS. No clunky lumps on the side. As for off road, stop whinging, It'll do what ever you're prepared for. Nick Sanders took an R1 through the Gobi.!!

Reply to this Topic
marcve

Dec 05

marcve says:

GSA vs Tiger

I have an 06 ST1050 and an 06 GSA 1200 Beemer. The 1050 motor is a peach, the GSA handles on gravel like nothing that weight should be able to do. I have huge reservations that the Tiger1200 would be any match for the GSA off road, but that wont stop me trading my ST on the Tiger as a road bike.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices