Skip to content

Discuss This New Triumph Tiger Explorer revealed New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New Triumph Tiger Explorer revealed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

New Triumph Tiger Explorer revealed

Triumph has just released the first official pictures of its hugely-anticipated all-new adventure bike – the ‘Tiger Explorer’. The newcomer has been expected for over a year. MCN published the first spy pictures of the bike in prototype form 12 months ago. But this is the first time the finished, production-ready machine has been shown. The c.1200cc, three-cylinder, shaft drive machine will...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 October 2011 23:27)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AKABigC

Oct 11

AKABigC says:

So where is it?

Picked up a copy of MCN this morning looking forward to reading about the new tiger and... nowhere to be seen!  I'll have my £2 back please!

Reply to this Topic
davehartuk

Jun 09

davehartuk says:

Wonderful Explorer write-up

Thanks MCN for a great write-up of the new Triumph Explorer...not?? After spending an hour driving to 4 different newsagents to get a copy of MCN, I open to find that there isn't anything about the Explorer?? I understand why you didn't have room for the story but maybe you could have dropped some other slightly less interesting articles??

Reply to this Topic
rgvyan

Feb 08

rgvyan says:

Read the last paragraph again...

over four full pages in next week's issue of MCN.

Reply to this Topic
Ginja

Jul 10

Ginja says:

rqvyan said:

Read the last paragraph again...over four full pages in next week's issue of MCN.

Until later this morning it said this weeks issue of MCN.

Even if you look at this weeks MCN, in editor Marc Potters comment column on page 32 about the Explorer, it says (under the picture) "turn to page 2 for full details"

Naughty MCN !

Reply to this Topic
spareman

Feb 04

spareman says:

I think it's yet another derivavtive looking bike from Triumph.

They definitely do not 'Go their own way' when it comes to styling.

As fo off-road capability - Those three -cylinder engines are just too tall and top heavy for spirited mudlarks.

I've owned two Triumphs and I'm contemplating a third, so I'm not especially biased against the brand. However, the Explorer would have to be much better in a number of areas ( especially build quality) and considerably cheaper then any alternatives, for me to stump up the cash for one. I'm guessing at about £11,000 for starters.

Reply to this Topic
robk321

Jun 11

robk321 says:

Bet the mpg will be about 40ish. No doubt triumph make great bikes but they need to improve drastically on this to compete with bmw, cost of fuel is a major factor these days. Thats why I have a 65mpg f800st!

Reply to this Topic
SPRINTMAN52

Feb 09

SPRINTMAN52 says:

Ginja...i bought MCN because of the Triumph Explorer was to be in,i'll read it in the Tesco's next week,i aint paying twice

Reply to this Topic
955nsim

Jul 10

955nsim says:

me too!!!!

I ordered my MCN,really looking forward to details of the new adventurer.Just got back after long shift...what?? no article.I know that it is very important to cover the Marco tragedy,but surely there were other routine articles that could have been dropped instead of the Triumph one!!The article was heavily pushed as being in this weeks paper,it's no good changing at the last moment,when people have already ordered their paper!!!!Hmmmm!

Reply to this Topic
Agent Z

May 08

Agent Z says:

At Last!

A new 1200cc motor....  Look forward to seeing it in a few more models :-)

Reply to this Topic
stevowarrior

Jun 06

stevowarrior says:

shame

Pity MCN had to make money out of their tribute!  They replaced existing pages (note the missing Triumph report) with their tribute rather than just adding the wrap to their existing cover, so shame on you MCN

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices