Skip to content

Discuss This New Triumph Tiger Explorer revealed New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New Triumph Tiger Explorer revealed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

New Triumph Tiger Explorer revealed

Triumph has just released the first official pictures of its hugely-anticipated all-new adventure bike – the ‘Tiger Explorer’. The newcomer has been expected for over a year. MCN published the first spy pictures of the bike in prototype form 12 months ago. But this is the first time the finished, production-ready machine has been shown. The c.1200cc, three-cylinder, shaft drive machine will...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 October 2011 23:27)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SPRINTMAN52

Feb 09

SPRINTMAN52 says:

MCN you decided to switch the Explorer artical to another week wihout informing your customers on the website.You took advantage of the death of Simoncelli in my opinion to boost paper sales.

STU  SP2.....like 955nism says i'm struggling with a tight buget and your attitude is perhaps understandable,everything pales into insignificance because a guy has died in a sport in which we love.So why did MCN do what they did?

Reply to this Topic
markinnormy

Jan 09

markinnormy says:

Some of you need to get a grip. Comments like "I was expecting the article" "I paid 2 pounds and I want it back" "ooh they're just profiteering from his death". Will you listen to yourselves, you sound like my children. I'm actually embarrased for you. These were unusual circumstances to say the least. Times maybe hard at the moment, but I'm assuming if you're so interested in an article about a ten grand plus bike, you're not living a hand to mouth existence. We're talking £1.99 a week for the paper. Get over it, if you so object to giving MCN your money this week, why not send it the poor people in Turkey, who's houses and families were destroyed in last weeks earthquake. It might help you realise what real hardship is.

Reply to this Topic
1050cc

May 09

1050cc says:

erm???

I came on here to comment on the Tiger 1200cc, but it seems to have turned into a MCN 1200cc Tiger versus Simoncelli debate!

Most important first!

1. RIP Marco! Was gutted and still am! Overshadows any shallow manufacturer's bike release press so MCN wins.

2. I owned a 2005 955i Tiger and did 32,000 miles on it. Loved that bike! The 1050cc Tiger came out. Hated it so went for something different (still 1050cc).

3. This bike may well be superb, but boy, it is very, very ugly, looks terrible. Not in a "before it's time so I don't get it" ugly. It just looks so old. C'mon Triumph, your recent bikes have looked great, but this one looks like a "Triumph Outtake" design from 5 years ago. Daytona 675 looks modern, Speed and Street Triple looks modern, but this 1200cc bike looks very bland. Perhaps that was the plan?

Still, no doubt it will be great and will win many UK tests against the 1200GS etc.

Looks pants though! But then again, with respect to the crowd it will apeal to, that doesn't matter! You'll get a big shaft afterall!

Reply to this Topic
garethfenn

May 06

garethfenn says:

Markinormy - what an arse

I must admit that I can't comment on the missing article, cos I have done what I preach and not bought this weeks issue cos mcn are blatantly profiteering from the tragic event. But in response to your post - tw@t! I watch Top Gear every week but can't afford a Bugatti Veyron, just want to watch the programme, so what's wrong with people wanting to read about the Tiger? It sure doesn't mean that they are filthy rich As for your £2 charity donation - agree with the sentiment but definately shouldn't be the readers donating and shouldn't be to the Turkey quake - as I have already made my feelings clear to the MCN editor, it should be MCN donating a very sizeable sum of money back to one of the rider funds, the hyperbaric chamber or one of the circuit medical centres/ teams. Afterall they are happy to jump on the sport and use it to gain do much extra revenue at times like this so they should put back in Rant over And btw, quite like the look of the new big Tiger actually

Reply to this Topic
Mase007

Dec 08

Mase007 says:

What an absolute bunch of plebs you are. What is MotorCycle News? I'll give you a hint; the name says it all. It is a newspaper that reports the latest news on all things Motorcycling... from new bikes to old bikes, legislation affecting road users and in particular it's target audience; motorcyclists, and of course it covers motorcycle racing too as I would suggest a large majority of MCN's readership are also motorcycle racing fans. What would have happened if MCN had let the untimely and upsetting death of one of the worlds most charismatic and promising motorcycle racers, racing at the sharp end of the pinnacle of two-wheeled motorsport, go under the radar with a less than adequate write-up because it had promised an article on a forgettable, mediocre looking soft-road BMW wannabe? The bike is not due to be unveiled until next month and who knows when it will be available to buy... there is plenty of time for pictures and write-ups and analysis of it's boring features. Marco Simoncelli is/was/has been the biggest news in motorcycling this week, people (and not only motorcyclists) want to read about him, his achievements, his failures, his life... he is at the forefront of the public consciousness around the world as has been proven by the F1 coverage this morning from India, and I would be worried about the motivation of the Editor had he not chosen to work out a way to include a decent article on the guy. People want the news and will find a way to get the information they seek one way or another. You guys want the news about the new Triumph Tiger... you have voted with your feet and not bought this weeks MCN because it doesn't have the information you want and have found it in other places. A lot of people want the news about Simoncelli, they've probably voted with their feet and bought MCN for the write-up. So MCN has lost out on selling 5 copies of it's paper to you chumps, but they've probably sold a lot more copies of the paper to people who wouldn't have otherwise bought it because of the coverage they've given to Simoncelli. Call it profiteering, call it what you like, but if a newspaper doesn't report what it's readers want it will have no readers and therefore no profit. Good journalism if you ask me...

Reply to this Topic
markinnormy

Jan 09

markinnormy says:

garethfenn

I rest my case.

Reply to this Topic
garethfenn

May 06

garethfenn says:

And I rest mine too

If the MCN a#^e lickers on here can seriously refer to the writers as 'journalists' then it says a lot. They might just about get a small column in the Sun or the Sport, but the vast majority of the biking population consider it to be a bit of a fun read, a comic not a factual publication. A bit like Wikipedia but still in paper format. Everyone to their own thoughts, I don't care that the Triumph wasn't in this weeks article, I just don't like the profiteering from such a tragic event, there's even an electronic version to buy now for god sake! Its like their coverage of road racing, it's non existent until a big name hurts themselves and then it's like they've always covered it. Anyway I'm voting with my feet and won't buy again, I'm sure everyone else will make their own minds up. Variety is the spice of life, I just hope it gives the MCN execs some serious indigestion in the near future

Reply to this Topic
garethfenn

May 06

garethfenn says:

Oh yes, and I am an enormous bike racing fan, not just moto GP but short track, road racing and even a bit of trials and yes, I think Marco was something really special and will be greatly missed

Reply to this Topic
garethfenn

May 06

garethfenn says:

Oh yes, and I am an enormous bike racing fan, not just moto GP but short track, road racing and even a bit of trials and yes, I think Marco was something really special and will be greatly missed

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Hold on there chaps!!!

Lets understand one thing, MCN doesn't have to have just an article on Simoncelli, or just an article on the new Triumph. They could have replaced the centre spread about the XJR1200/1300 with the news about the Triumph, which is a new bike people are interested in, rather than 2 pages about a bike that has been around since the stone age. If that would have happened, everyone would have been happy. Don't think anyone would have stopped buying MCN because they didn't see an article about the XJR. Incidently, I had an XJR 7 years ago, and a mighty fine bike it was too.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle