Skip to content

Discuss This New Triumph Tiger Explorer revealed New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New Triumph Tiger Explorer revealed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

New Triumph Tiger Explorer revealed

Triumph has just released the first official pictures of its hugely-anticipated all-new adventure bike – the ‘Tiger Explorer’. The newcomer has been expected for over a year. MCN published the first spy pictures of the bike in prototype form 12 months ago. But this is the first time the finished, production-ready machine has been shown. The c.1200cc, three-cylinder, shaft drive machine will...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 October 2011 23:27)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
v1nn1e

Jan 09

v1nn1e says:

Pillion comfort

I'll be looking at either this or the 800 but which one will revolve around how good they are for a pillion...

Reply to this Topic
Fly by night

Sep 07

Fly by night says:

Good looks

Wow that is probably one of the best looking bikes around the only down side is that it is a triple were it a four I might be interested, but like the idea of shaft drive instead of chain, the only thing I don't like about it is the traction control, not needed!

Let's face it it's a bike traction control comes from the wrist action, unless there is something wrong with the way the motor puts the power down, which then sugests the bike to be twitchy.

My suspicions are being aroused as I talk.

But you can't get away from the fact that the looks are fantastic.

Oh note to MCN, if you say you are going to feature something then surely you should feature that thing and if you don't then the least you can do is put the article in full on the web site to compensate for those specifically purchasing for said article, it would be the right thing to do, we love you MCN but come on do the right thing.

Reply to this Topic
v1nn1e

Jan 09

v1nn1e says:

Agreed!

Styling looks great.

Keen to hear vital statistics - weight, fuel capacity and range.

Guess the TC is to compete with the Ducati Multi-Strada and keep up-to-date. I'm sure handling will be excellent as Triumph have a reputation to uphold!

Reply to this Topic
hutt4913

Apr 07

hutt4913 says:

more pics on your web site please!

Totally apreciate MCN had to drop the story....but you guys could add a few more pics onto the web site...

check out ......

http://www.onewheeldrive.net/2011/10/23/triumph-takes-the-wraps-off-triumph-tiger-explorer-and-others/

Shows it in a bit more detail.

I hope the lights are better than my 1050 which were a total embarrasment. (I had to change to HIDS as I wanted to survive my winter 80 mile commute.)

Looks comfortable enough. I reckon the seat will be as painful as the 800.  So thats new exhaust, new gel seats, + the cost of panniers.

ABS, traction Control.....would like to see suspension control with different  modes.

I'm up for one though, as soon as my 1050 reaches 50k

Reply to this Topic
clarkson2197fsworldcouk

Feb 04

XC Model ?

ive got a Tiger 800XC (getting another one next March) and its been brilliant and good fun but if they have a XC version of this i will keep my 800 and get a 1200 next march without a doubt  but price will be the factor as to if this is a winner as the 800 is a brilliant bike for its money and exellent value and this is the key ! miles per smiles thats what me wants Mr Bloor "please"

Reply to this Topic
stu_sp2

Mar 06

stu_sp2 says:

@ Fly by Night

Have you ever ridden a Triple mate?

You say if it was an inline four you'd have one??? are you mad!! lolol

an inline four could only dream of giving you the creamy torque and raspy noise that a triple gives...go ride one and see...

I've booked my test ride for the new Tiger, looks fantastic, that 1200 Triple is going to be amazing no doubt..bring it on!

Reply to this Topic
stu_sp2

Mar 06

stu_sp2 says:

Having just read through some of the comments...are people really that pissed off that some poor guy lost his life in our glorious sport of bike racing and replaced "THEIR" tiger story with another article!! get over yourselves you soft ba**ards!!! for gods sake, who cares whether the article was in this weeks or next weeks, some things in life are more important!!!

Well done Marc Potter for the Simo article, it was well covered and humbling....

RIP Marco

PS if you buy the bloody paper every week like i do then it really pales into insignificance on which week its reported.

Reply to this Topic
geoffb61

Sep 08

geoffb61 says:

Thoughtful...

That's nice - they've provided a handy fire extinguisher under the pillion seat

Reply to this Topic
v1nn1e

Jan 09

v1nn1e says:

XC

Yes, this one is much more like the standard Tiger 800, but a bit more off-road than the current Tiger 1050 - maybe aimed somewhere between the MultiStrada and GS Adventure.

I wonder wether they feel that an XC version isn't a real practicality? Just how many BMW GS owners actually take their bikes off-road?

Reply to this Topic
955nsim

Jul 10

955nsim says:

comprehension needed!!!!

Sorry Stu Sp2 but you are well and truly 'out of order' slagging off people who complained that the Triumph article had been pulled,Trying to make out that people who were complaining, were in any way criticising the article on Marco is a disgrace and totally untrue.People expected and wanted the very good article -Tribute to the sad loss of an exciting and popular rider.What people were saying is that some other; more routine; article should have been dropped instead of the heavily advertised one!I think you need to read the comments properly before spouting off poorly informed insults.By the way not everybody buys their papers every week in the current economic climate,so try to see other peoples points of view as well.On another point.I totally agree with your comments,regarding the Triple's superb engine characteristics and sound.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices